Lets talk GEC!

I never even got a notification. Really hate that telegram, it's really hit or miss on whether I get a notification or when I do it's delayed.
Telegram can be a bit slow sometimes. I just happened to have my phone in hand at the time the notification popped up. Got lucky and was able to snag one. Looks pretty classy. Can't wait to get it in hand.

I never even got a notification. Really hate that telegram, it's really hit or miss on whether I get a notification or when I do it's delayed.
Similar, I rarely use the app so mine was actually automatically uninstalled to save space so I didn’t get. Good looking knife!

How does the 72 compare to the 74? Look to be pretty much the same pattern.
Look at the 'bump' (there's probably a more technical term for it) midway along the handle's bottom edge - absent on the #74.
Also, the default setup for a #72 is to have a backlock and a lanyard tube - this one, unusually (but not uniquely), has neither.

same, wondering if it went out for this release or it was limited.

I'm having a hard time distinguishing between this version of the 72, versus a 73. Looks pretty much identical, methinks. Length of the 72 is 3 7/8" versus 3 3/4" for the 73 -- so, just an 1/8" difference.
I believe the 73 is a square end trapper pattern and the 72 is not square end.

I figured I'd dip my toes in the GEC pool and bought my first one last night.

An 87 english jack with a jigged cherry wood handle.. and I just received the notice that it's been shipped!

I like larger slips, like the 87 series GEC makes, they have some nice versions too. I'm already checking out the hummingbird and coal oil ones.
Looking forward to my 87 and seeing if GEC is for me.

Back