Lets talk GEC!

Happy 4th
UhYuHrN.jpg

Use it. My most treasured knife is a 2011 #73. Also a Father's Day present. I EDC'd it for a few years. Then I got twitchy. I carry other knives now as well, but this #73 is still my primary carry. I carry and use it probably six days out of every seven.

I have since been given other knives, but this is the one that I value above all others. Whenever I ask my daughter to get "my knife" this is the one she knows to look for.

12687752805_9e49861502_c.jpg

28453828826_87ae33da24_c.jpg

I fully agree with you, despite having many knives, my knife GEC # 73 in 440c and stag, remains always the "Knife"!!!;):thumbsup:

20gg0zm.jpg
zmjlw7.jpg

Hey, what's this 73 bandwagon all about ;)

I don't have a 73, but I have it's relative... and it gets a fair amount of use.

cOe4Pqx.jpg

I don't know how many more I'd be buying if I had that one. That's an awesome piece you have my friend :thumbsup:

Well hello, cousins!

Yes, #73 is very nice pattern. My very first GEC and will therefore always hold a special place.

Personally I wouldn´t go any lagrer, but objectively at 3 3/4 in closed, I don´t think it is a large knife. It is the same length as #77 barlows, #71 bullnoses, #78 american jacks or #35 churchills.

IMG-20190705-181342.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn´t go any lagrer, but objectively at 3 3/4 in closed, I don´t think it is a large knife. It is the same length as #77 barlows, #71 bullnoses, #78 american jacks og #35 churchills.

I read that and thought "That's not right, the 73 is bigger." But pulling out a 78 and laying it next to the 73 shows they are nearly the same closed. Open it up though, and the 73 is a bigger knife. They fit all the blade they could in there.

I fully agree with you, despite having many knives, my knife GEC # 73 in 440c and stag, remains always the "Knife"!!!;):thumbsup:

I will jump on the 73 Band Wagon!

Hey, what's this 73 bandwagon all about ;)

The 73 is pretty much the perfect sized single blade GEC, I think.

Guess I’m on the 73 bandwagon too...

Yes, #73 is very nice pattern. My very first GEC and will therefore always hold a special place.

Now this thread is speaking my language - the 73/74 and the 92 are among my favorite patterns!

I also am a great fan of the GEC 72 , 73 , 74 , & 83's and would like another run of either of them .

Despite being one of GEC's oldest patterns, the #73 remains one of GEC's best. New models come along and get people falling over themselves, but this knife with a clean and flush joint is a classic.

Back