Lid for OliCamp stainless steel cup?

I don't like to use anything but stainless steel to boil my water, and was wondering if anyone knew of a work around lid. I see some SnowPeak plastic lids, anyone know of the 450 or 300 will fit? Any other lids/ ideas, must be able to work while fire I boil water.

Foil!
Cheap,light weight, foldable/formable, easily replaceable after being folded too much & recyclable.:thumbup:

The Coleman cooking kit has a lid that fits an Ozark cup can't say for certain if it would fit Olicamp. Also, thepathfinderstore sells a lid to fit GSI cup which might fit Olicamp. I've seen pictures of people turning a cookie tin lid into nesting cup lid.

Take your cup to the grocery store and walk around the snack isle. Check the size of your cup to different lids in the store(think pringles type lids.) You might be able to find something.

Take your cup to the grocery store and walk around the snack isle. Check the size of your cup to different lids in the store(think pringles type lids.) You might be able to find something.
Better yet, take the cup to a goodwill/thrift store.They always have a bunch of lids in the pot & pan section.

In general I'm a huge fan of foil, but in the instance of my stainless cups I wanted something more. Any thin aluminium sheet you can press into service. If you want precision you can buy a bit of sheet a couple of mm thick. An old aluminium pie dish works just as well though. Dremel a circle a tad bigger than the circumference of your cup then work your way round the outside with pliers. I over-thought my first one and added a handle. I've not bothered since, I just grab it. Mine go on these cups to complete my mini-Trangia kits.

097a34v52cyivksxl7yy.jpg

Dollar tree pizza cutter wheel - really. I'm an Olicamp dealer and I drill out the rivet on the pizza cutter wheel and add a lid from two 5/16" split rings, one on either side of the rivet hole. Light, stainless, cheap, flat.

Snow peak lid for the solo cook set fits perfectly. It can be ordered as a replacement part from the snowpeak site. Also Pathfinder store just came out with a lid for nesting cups. It's around $8. I have no experience with that one.

Snow peak lid for the solo cook set fits perfectly. It can be ordered as a replacement part from the snowpeak site. Also Pathfinder store just came out with a lid for nesting cups. It's around $8. I have no experience with that one.

Well, the PathFinder one does not fit, but I also got the pathfinder GSI cup and the cup boils faster than the OliCamp......... Also for recording purposes, the TOAKS Titanium D95mm Lid doesn't work either.......... At least now we know:p

I like the aluminium foil method

Yeah, the only real problem with that is I would be happier with a chicken noodle soup can, and tin foil. The OliCamp just seems too high quality, heavy duty, health conscious for that. Like buying a $200 knife and making a card board sheath for it. I think I'm just gonna convert to the GSI one.

It's just a mental thing for me.

Last edited:
Four Dogs Stove have titanium lids
Not cheap but very light
I have one for my Oilcamp Anodised Aluminum Space Saver Mug
http://fourdog.com/snow-peak-olicamp-titanium-lids/

I have the Lostwildoutdoors lid is heaver than my Oilcamp Anodised Aluminum Space Saver Mug and the Four Dogs lid together!
Giving it to my daughter for her SS GSI cup

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE ⚰️

I have found that the lid from a Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set will work with the Olicamp Space Saver Cup. This set can regularly be found on sale for around 15 bucks.

The Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set is a tall 24 oz stainless steel cook pot with 2 green plastic nesting cups inside. The lid is also stainless steel, and it has a green plastic pull tab in the middle so you can easily remove the lid with your fingers. People like to remove this green tab and replace it with a split key ring or a stainless steel Nite Ize #2 S-biner.

side note: The Olicamp Space Saver Cup should not be confused with the Olicamp Space Saver Mug. They are two different products.

The Stanley lid fits the Olicamp cup, but it's a very tight fit.

What you can do is get one of those universal camp cup lids. The universal lid won't fit on the Olicamp cup, but it will fit on the Stanley adventure set. This will let you use the Stanley's lid on the Olicamp cup and still have a working lid for both containers at the same time.

Back