Life out of the re forge pile.....

Both these knives came out of my re forge pile. My shop runs out of the pile system. A pile for this and a pile for that sort of thing. The top blade is O-1 and the bottom one is W-1. Both blades are 5 1/2" and overall in the 10 1/2" range. The fittings are cold blued 1018 and both handles are chocolate dyed monkey pod.

BTW it was one of these knives I was working on that I had lost the handle of....

PDRM0497.JPG

Look good as always Ray, now if there was just a little Damascus, just kidding.:D nicely done.

Bill

IG, They weren't quite errors. They were more like stopped and got burried. What are error's anyway? If your forging your blades some where down the road they can always be reforged and trasformed.

Hmm, Damascus, now I would have never thought of that..... :rolleyes:

Really good, Ray! We know what is coming next. IG knows, too! I was going to ask what bait you used for the monkeys, but seriously, what is the monkey pod like to work? It looks great on those knives, fella.

John, The monkey pod works great except its about the only wood that does bother me. I start sneezing right away and I've read that it also irratates your eye balls. Its extremly stable.....

IG knows, too! I was going to ask what bait you used for the monkeys, but seriously, what is the monkey pod like to work?
Hey, you been hanging around me to much. I didn't even think of that. But
I've read that it also irratates your eye balls
No not the eyeballs, just the other ones.:eek: :eek: ;)

Back