Like a Drop of Good Red?

We tried the Lodge Hill last night. Very tasty indeed. I'm not a wine expert, just kinda know what I like, but this had a lot of depth for a young wine. After a couple of glasses I went back to my current favorite Milton Park Shiraz. I still think I prefer it, even without factoring in it is six or seven bucks cheaper. It is balanced just right for my tastes. Have you tried the Milton Park gaz? I think it is called Sandpiper in OZ. They had to change the name for import. It's from the Thorn-Clarke vineyards in Barossa and runs about 10 bucks locally.

Jack

donovan said:
We tried the Lodge Hill last night. Very tasty indeed. I'm not a wine expert, just kinda know what I like, but this had a lot of depth for a young wine. After a couple of glasses I went back to my current favorite Milton Park Shiraz. I still think I prefer it, even without factoring in it is six or seven bucks cheaper. It is balanced just right for my tastes. Have you tried the Milton Park gaz? I think it is called Sandpiper in OZ. They had to change the name for import. It's from the Thorn-Clarke vineyards in Barossa and runs about 10 bucks locally.

Jack
I haven't seen that one but I'll certainly look it up.

Interesting that you speak of personal preference in taste. A friend of mine is fairly heavily into wine, (even has a degree in viticulture, same uni as I did mine in equine science), anyway, back to the point. He occasionally works for wine makers and merchants and he was telling me an interesting story about a winemaker who produced a vintage designed especially to suit the taste of some famous American wine critic. They sent him a case which, of course, he really liked and gave a good writeup on and now they can't make enough of it to ship to the US. (Sorry, can't remember the name but I'm going to my mates place this weekend, I'll ask him).

Anyway, they export large amounts of this stuff at very high prices. The point being that tastes definitely differ between countries.

Back