• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Like New Giant Iguana Mtn Bike (KY)

ASP

***This one has found a new home. Thanks Herbieduke.***

SOLDRecently purchased and ridden three times on mowed trails on my farm. Due to health issues, I'm now unable to ride.

Great bike - alloy butted frame, Marzocchi EXR fork, Shimano Deore rear derailleur, 9 speed cassette, 3 chain rings, Shimano Alivio front derailleur, SPD pedals (plus the original pedals), front and rear disc brakes. Size - large. Like new. Prefer FTF. (Not sure about shipping this one.) Also listed in the 'for sale' section.

Will trade for firearms or knives. Make an offer if you're looking for a nice mountain bike in as-new condition.

Email or PM for pics.

Thanks for the plug Bladefrienzy. The last Mtn Bike I had built up was around $1500 with a Manitou fork. I can't believe how good (and affordable) these things are now. The only thing better on my high dollar bike was the wheel set, although that's cancelled out by the great set of disc brakes on this Giant (for less than half of what I spent before.) The Marzocchi fork is really nice, too. Want it stiffer? Just shoot a bit more air in there. Wish I were still able to ride - I would never think about selling/trading this one.

what would you be interested in for trade? what size is the frame by the way,I've got a few knives up for trade right now,If you want,check them out and see if they are of any interest to you.Can also make a knife to the specs you want if that's an option

canbkr,

Giant now sizes their bikes like clothes - small, medium, large. My guess is that this large frame is around a 20". That's about the length of the seat tube at the point it intersects the top tube. Please email me to discuss possible trades.

Thanks.

So the size on this one would be about a 20" ? I was wishing it was an 18" That's my luck. Steve

bladefrienzy said:
So the size on this one would be about a 20" ? I was wishing it was an 18" That's my luck. Steve

Steve,

IIRC, one should measure from the center of the crank to the top of the seat tube where it intersects the top tube. At that point, it measures 19". The seat tube continues up another 1 3/4" from that intersection. No wonder they just call it a large. :D I suppose it could be anywhere from a 19 to a 21. I'll dig out the manual/book (the size of an automobile manual) and see if I can find a more definitive size listed.

Back