1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Lil' Manix?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by AZ Ryan, Jun 12, 2019.

1. AZ Ryan

AZ Ryan

Mar 26, 2018
    Am I the only person on earth that LOVES the Manix design but finds the knife a little too big?

To compound the issue, there is a Manix XL! Perhaps there are spatial limitations with the lock design?

I think a Lil' Manix would be an awesome addition to the family and would love to see one!

bear71, mdrgn79 and Dadpool like this.
  2. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    The manix xl is actually the original size of the manix. The manix 2 is a mini manix. A smaller, similar knife is the Sage line. However I haven't warmed up to my sage 5 like I thought I would, so I'm going to sell it and look into getting an Amalgam! Lol

Kreyzhorse likes this.
  3. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    Another similar model is the Domino. It’s like a smaller frame lock flipper Manix. The ergonomics are fantastic. I sorely miss mine.

I would love for a Mini Manix too.

Kreyzhorse likes this.
  4. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Yep I'd like one a lightweight model with wire clip. Maybe a touch bigger than the lil Native.

Kreyzhorse likes this.
  5. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    The Native feels similar, it has a nice grip and lacks a hump. But although, it's a backlock.

Kreyzhorse likes this.
  6. MMGRenovations

MMGRenovations Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2017
    I would love to see a smaller version of the manix 2. I found these pictures on the spyderco forum. Someone did this a few years ago but something this size would be nice! While I really like my natives, the lock makes it feel like a different knife. I prefer cbbl over the backlock.
    IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0635.JPG

7. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    The Lil Native is a fantastic knife in it's own right, but a touch bigger and it would have been perfect.

Don W and mdrgn79 like this.
  8. AZ Ryan

AZ Ryan

Mar 26, 2018
    I think it should be bigger than the lil' native. Maybe the same size as the full size native. Keep in mind the manix is huge, so the lil' manix would be normal size.
    Like somewhere in the ballpark of the Smock or para3.

mdrgn79 likes this.
  9. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    +1 A Lil Manix LW with a Deep Carry Wire clip would be fantastic!

uxo2, mdrgn79 and Don W like this.
  10. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I like the Manix 2 LW just the way it is. Of course, I have ham hands. I do not think I would want a smaller version. If I did, I would get a Lil Native or something (I do not like the Native).

11. AZ Ryan

AZ Ryan

Mar 26, 2018
    I'm not really envisioning it THAT SMALL (lil native size) - I'm just thinking sort of NORMAL sized, like Para 3 size maybe, or the Sage. The Lil' moniker is just used to designate smaller than original, not necessarily mini.

As far as I know, nothing else in the Spyderco lineup uses the same lock, the closest is the ball bearing lock sage...

mdrgn79 likes this.
  12. FullFlatMind

FullFlatMind

May 30, 2019
    Chaparral or Para 3 sized in FRN/FRCP would be awesome.