liner lock issue

fishface5

Gold Member
This must have come up before but my Gold membership has expired & so I have no search function - I will re-up this week but right now, after some attempts at weekend knife-modifying, I am too frustrated to wait!

Most of the time - but not always - when I disassemble a liner-lock to mess around with the knife, when I reassemble it the liner pushes the knife blade when closed against the opposite liner - so even if the blade was centered when closed at the time I disassembled it, now it's crooked. I have tried every variation of the order of tightening screws, tightening with shim against the side opposite the lock, etc. This is completely maddening - all the more so because it doesn't happen every time!!

Can anyone give me tips on how the re-assemble a liner-lock knife so that the blade is centered when closed??? Please?

I put the knife back together completely, loosen the pivot screw a little, and push the blade in the proper direction while tightening the screw down again. If there's too much play, I push on the blade fully open, with the lock disengaged.

Iv'e had the same problem .It realy depends on the knive and how well is been made
some times the pivot holes in the liners arnt perfect and cause a problem Check the liners are alined perfectly when the pivot is in.Sometimes can be corected by the rear screws along the spine.Put a long pin throught the back holes and use it like a leaver
and you will see the blade shift it posision.sometimes a small ronud file will clean up the pivot holes be carefull not to go to far with the file. Hope this helps .

Back