Photos Lion Steel "Roundhead" Barlow PICS

oDJqZr4.jpg
WQSxTaT.jpg
Can't remember if I posted these here before or not so my apologies if I did and if I didn't then enjoy :)

This may sound a little strange of a question but do those ram horns smell a little gamey or have any particular scent like a barn yard lol?
Reason I ask is because years ago I had a fixed blade with desert iron wood handles and when your hand would get hot or sweet the handle gave off a funny aroma . Haven't had any other desert iron wood that did that since .
Anyway seeing the ram horn kind of made me think of that and wondered if they may smell like a ram or goat :D
Btw love the looks though with that a side :thumbsup:

This may sound a little strange of a question but do those ram horns smell a little gamey or have any particular scent like a barn yard lol?
Reason I ask is because years ago I had a fixed blade with desert iron wood handles and when your hand would get hot or sweet the handle gave off a funny aroma . Haven't had any other desert iron wood that did that since .
Anyway seeing the ram horn kind of made me think of that and wondered if they may smell like a ram or goat :D
Btw love the looks though with that a side :thumbsup:

I saw in a thread awhile back where a knife maker had used stabilized horse manure as a cover material. :eek: Not sure what crossed that makers mind to look at horse droppings and think, "My, my, now that would make a fine knife handle..."

Art is relative though, right? :D

But in answer to your question, I would imagine that Rams Horn is similar to cow horn. It gives off a nice stink when sanding or grinding but once polished up, it should be good to go.

I saw in a thread awhile back where a knife maker had used stabilized horse manure as a cover material. :eek: Not sure what crossed that makers mind to look at horse droppings and think, "My, my, now that would make a fine knife handle..."

Art is relative though, right? :D

But in answer to your question, I would imagine that Rams Horn is similar to cow horn. It gives off a nice stink when sanding or grinding but once polished up, it should be good to go.

LoL Maybe it had some hay mixed in so it looked like a dark aged burlap Micarta lol.
Bet that one smelled great :D

Back to the Rams Horn and I'm glad to hear that because I might have to check those out. I've got a natural Micarta and black CF shuffler reserved but after my experience with that stinky iron wood I was a little hesitant on rams horn . I've heard the same about iron wood though when cutting it or sanding it stinks pretty bad . Like I said though the one I had smelled when it got warm but again its the only iron wood I had that did that . Ive had several after that didn t.

Last edited:
TheFactor TheFactor It's one of the reasons why I got rid of mine. That and I wanted a black one, because I've always been a "Black Sheep."

I simply like new modern materials for covers on the CK/LS - Slippie.

I feel like one will never die or even get close to used up, given the materials and steel used.

Certainly looks to be a well made folder, how is the thickness above the bevel on these?
G2

TheFactor TheFactor It's one of the reasons why I got rid of mine. That and I wanted a black one, because I've always been a "Black Sheep."

I simply like new modern materials for covers on the CK/LS - Slippie.

I feel like one will never die or even get close to used up, given the materials and steel used.
Couldn't agree more as far as modern materials with new concept.
Problem is though I'd like them all depending how they smell :)

Mine is sitting at .027" BTE from sharpening notch to the tip work no discernable deviation.

Sorry didn't see this one, but that does seem a bit thick on a folder. Thanks for posting that
G2

Back