Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

Just ordered one with "white" carbon fiber. Sort of looks like "silver twill" in the pics, but not quire. Pics when it arrives.

Wow, just saw a pic of that micarta. It's a great color/texture for this knife.

They are available now, but only a handful left, it looks like!
I had to pick up another Rams horn:thumbsup:

Is there a visual way to distinguish the first run of spear blades from the second run of spear blades if the handle materials are the same on both examples?

I wonder if CK and Lion Steel will get around to offering covers by themselves. The design, modular as it is, seems to lend itself well to providing a wide variety of materials without necessitating the purchase of numerous knives.

I can't recall if Mike has chimed in on this in the past or not.

I wonder if CK and Lion Steel will get around to offering covers by themselves. The design, modular as it is, seems to lend itself well to providing a wide variety of materials without necessitating the purchase of numerous knives.

I can't recall if Mike has chimed in on this in the past or not.

:eek: If that is the case, why would I do that ??
Just kidding. There is too much overhead to stocking hundreds of different slabs made by the factory when there are so many good modders available. By the time the factory buys the minimum amount of raw materials, makes them, ships them, I am taxed on them, I ship them, and make a little money - it would be cheaper to pick your own material and have someone knock them out locally. I had initially hoped that anybody wanting different skins would turn it into a personal project with hundreds of unique Roundheads to look at.

:eek: If that is the case, why would I do that ??
Just kidding. There is too much overhead to stocking hundreds of different slabs made by the factory when there are so many good modders available. By the time the factory buys the minimum amount of raw materials, makes them, ships them, I am taxed on them, I ship them, and make a little money - it would be cheaper to pick your own material and have someone knock them out locally. I had initially hoped that anybody wanting different skins would turn it into a personal project with hundreds of unique Roundheads to look at.

Ha! I must admit, that thought had crossed my mind...

Thank you for the response though. It certainly makes sense as to why you wouldn't embark on something like that. It is possible that someone has turned it into some sort of project but as I am not on Instagram much (which is where a lot of this sort of thing happens), it is possible that I simply have not heard of it. Plus, with the infusion of even more Roundheads and Shufflers, if there hasn't been anyone to take up the torch yet for after market covers, perhaps the increased numbers and popularity might change that?

I might even attempt to make my own, could be a good learning experience.

knifeswapper knifeswapper - Mike, it was real nice to chat with you from UK earlier today, sir..!

There is a very good kind soul (well, there's a few tbh) here on BF who's agreed to help me out, so we're all good.

You guys have the authorities with restrictions getting some knives outta USA.........and we have same gettin' 'em into UK :rolleyes: .......despite the fact we positively know we're doing nowt wrong, guess it's just part o' life's rich tapestry

Just looked at them over on the web store. They all look great. I paid for my ER rams horn yesterday, but really can't go wrong with any of them. I think the stag may be the standout of the group, which is what my Shuffler ER is.

Happy to say I have a Roundhead in carbon fiber headed my way, and should be arriving tomorrow. Been anxiously awaiting the 2nd batch!

Reactions: HST
I’ve used my Euro Barlow relentlessly. It is flawless. So many track days behind its back. It’s cut tire, hoses, food, me, and it means business. Scrapes burnt tire off my wheel wheels and never complains.

Quite frankly, I’m surprised at what it will handle as a slippie. Still on its factory edge and it’s only slightly more dull.

These knives are the ‘new’ traditional and I’m glad knifeswapper knifeswapper brought these to fruition. Cannot say enough good things about these knives.

I’ve used my Euro Barlow relentlessly. It is flawless. So many track days behind its back. It’s cut tire, hoses, food, me, and it means business. Scrapes burnt tire off my wheel wheels and never complains.

Quite frankly, I’m surprised at what it will handle as a slippie. Still on its factory edge and it’s only slightly more dull.

These knives are the ‘new’ traditional and I’m glad knifeswapper knifeswapper brought these to fruition. Cannot say enough good things about these knives.

I have to say, I am rather excited to get mine in. Since getting into traditionals, I've largely eschewed the carrying of modern folders. That hasn't produced any real problems for me as I work in an office and I generally have to find excuses to cut things, which largely relegates knives to food prep. But outside of work, I tend to work on my trucks, go hiking, work on side projects, etc.

It will be nice to have a slipjoint with the durable construction and tough materials that the Euro Barlow has and it will be nice to not have to be as "delicate" as I am wont to be with my other knives.

Back