Lionsteel BestMan Slipjoint

GP Knives (their IG pictures) posted pictures of the Lionsteel BestMan Slipjoint knife that will be released around May 2019. M390 blade and 5 different handle materials (I believe Carbon Fiber, Micarta, Ebony wood, Olive wood and Santos wood). There are two versions; one with a single clippoint blade and the other with a clippoint blade and a small sheepsfoot blade. With halfstop.

tumblr_plwcb9RJJ71sibzg9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_plwcb9RJJ71sibzg9o1_1280.jpg

Nice to see Lionsteel come out with another slipjoint knife.

This slipjoint thing is really taking off right now. I think they would look better with bolsters just on one end.

Oooouch....LionSteel is going to run the tables with the offerings

I love everything about these....except for the offset screws on both bolsters. Completely ruins the look for me, and the only reason I won't be picking one up, shame.

I love everything about these....except for the offset screws on both bolsters. Completely ruins the look for me, and the only reason I won't be picking one up, shame.
I can’t unsee that now. You’re right. If I’d have overlooked that it’d have probably bugged me too. Dang, strange decision...

I didn't notice the offset and now that you pointed it out. I still like these.

I wish I wasn't as picky, but with how many choices on the market there are, small things like that can be what keeps me from buying a blade. Especially when I already have too many knives as is.

Lionsteel really has cool designs and materials.

that sheath on the bushcraft knife is beaitiful.

Anyone know when these are supposed to drop? Figured it would've been by now. Regardless, I'm gonna snag an ebony when they hit dealer shelves :thumbsup:

These look great, but I prefer the Barlows. Wish they could make those available to other retailers besides CollectorKnives. Would certainly make it a lot easier to get one.

Fort Payne...

Your search skills need a little brushing up on... hitting dealers already maybe just not ones you frequent

I picked up a single blade olive wood Best Man at BLADE at the LionSteel booth. It is a really nice knife. I just hope that the heat treat was done properly for M390.

I handled the two blade version and felt it was a bit chunky and I know I would never carry it. But it was my original intention looking at the BestMan to in fact buy the two blade model. So, I saved myself some heart ache by handling the knives before I purchased one. I generally prefer two blade slip joints, so opting for the one blade model was a bit of a change for me.

Last edited:
Anyone take delivery on one of these yet?
Saw Lionsteel posted a youtube video seeking to prove the hardness of their M390 on these. I'm not particularly concerned and just ordered one up. This is not some start-up knife company and the roundhead and bolus I have seem fine.
I am more concerned about having ordered the 2-blade. I have not had the benefit of handling, but knowing the other two lionsteel slipjoints I have, I share the concern it could be a bit thick for what otherwise seems to be a gentlemens-styled knife.

Last edited:
I am more concerned about having ordered the 2-blade. I have not had the benefit of handling, but knowing the other two lionsteel slipjoints I have, I share the concern it could be a bit thick for what otherwise seems to be a gentlemens-styled knife.

There's a current thread in the Traditionals subforum discussing this very aspect of the 2-bladed model. One poster uploaded a pic to compare its thickness next to a 3-layer cellidor SAK. He stated the Best Man was approx. 1/8" less thick.

GT3KbBm.jpg

Such a beautiful blade. Holding it in my hand, I realized it bugs me that I have a single blade in a handle designed to house two blades on opposite ends... I'll probably send this back and get the two blade version.

Last edited:
Back