Lionsteel TM1

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by clearkevin, Oct 8, 2015.

1. clearkevin

clearkevin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Hey Lionsteel fans,
    I have been looking at a TM1 love the look and construction but I would love to have some info on the edge geometry. I like the SR1 but one thing that I wasn't crazy about was the thick edge this was even more troublesome on the tispine. How is the edge on the TM1?
    Thanks
    Kevin

2. Der W.

Der W.

Dec 18, 2012
    i love everyting about my TM1 EXCEPT for its edge geometry. i reprofiled the factory edge (it was a bit uneven) to 30° inclusive and its 1mm (0.04 inch) behind the edge already.
    it is more like a spliting wedge rather then a knife. same thing on my SR1-A by the way. i love them both, but cutting stuff with it is sadly no fun.
    If i would send it to someone for a regrind of the main bevel, i would certainly put it in my pocket again.

EDIT: while thinking of it: if i send it in for a regind, i will request a full flat grind and a thinner stock (3mm oder 3.5 -something like this).
    maybe getting rid of the coating alone would help. i have the black blade and the coating is pretty "abrasive".

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    Absolutely love my TM1. Super comfy ergos, locks up like a bank vault, and it rides great in the pocket. I did convex the edge and it shaves hairs and rips through boxes like crazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]