Lionsteel TM1

Hey Lionsteel fans,
I have been looking at a TM1 love the look and construction but I would love to have some info on the edge geometry. I like the SR1 but one thing that I wasn't crazy about was the thick edge this was even more troublesome on the tispine. How is the edge on the TM1?
Thanks
Kevin

i love everyting about my TM1 EXCEPT for its edge geometry. i reprofiled the factory edge (it was a bit uneven) to 30° inclusive and its 1mm (0.04 inch) behind the edge already.
it is more like a spliting wedge rather then a knife. same thing on my SR1-A by the way. i love them both, but cutting stuff with it is sadly no fun.
If i would send it to someone for a regrind of the main bevel, i would certainly put it in my pocket again.

EDIT: while thinking of it: if i send it in for a regind, i will request a full flat grind and a thinner stock (3mm oder 3.5 -something like this).
maybe getting rid of the coating alone would help. i have the black blade and the coating is pretty "abrasive".

Last edited:
Absolutely love my TM1. Super comfy ergos, locks up like a bank vault, and it rides great in the pocket. I did convex the edge and it shaves hairs and rips through boxes like crazy.

zscNb1G.jpg

CLBkBU1.jpg

Back