Liquidating collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that it is not out of line to post this here: I will be liquidating my late husband's collection over the next several weeks. I am listing one or two at a time on Ebay under the user ID dr_brat. Those of you who knew Dave know that he had a fine collection of rare CRKs including many that had been modified by Tom Mayo. Because of difficulties in determining the value of these knives, I am choosing to let the market decide, but I wanted people who had known David and supported him all those years to be aware that items from his collection are coming up for sale.

If this needs to be moved somewhere else, please feel free to do so, or to contact me at epc123@mindspring.com and I will move it or remove it. Please don't contact me to sell these knives directly. I am finding it too difficult to determine a fair value.

Thank you,

Elizabeth

I'm very sorry for your loss. Although I bet your post is against a rule or two, I think an auction is likely the only fair way to sell very rare pieces.

I'm terribly sorry. Thoughts and prayers to your family and I hope you get good money for the knives.

DaveH is sorely missed around here..He was one of the good guys for sure.
A bit of a shock seeing his name come up to be honest,..It has been several years.

Yea, +1 on this for me too.

DaveH is sorely missed around here..He was one of the good guys for sure.
A bit of a shock seeing his name come up to be honest,..It has been several years.

FYI to those that are not aware or are somewhat new here..

DaveH passed several years ago :(

I'm sorry for the shock. I figured someone would have noticed me using his account to poke around looking for values by now and that I should 'fess up. He's sorely missed around here, also. It has taken a long time to be able to deal with this collection, but it's time.

Elizabeth

First, sorry for you loss.
This might be out of line, but you might want to consider letting a senior member help you list the knives. An accurate description will make a world of difference in the prices you might be able to get. There are many honest people here who would be glad to help you.
Just some thing to think about, I am not trying to pry or do anything but make things possibly a little easier for you.

Sorry for your loss. I remember chatting to him about CRK throughout the years. He will forever be remembered here on Bladeforums. Prayers for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back