!@#$@ Listen to yourself

Arrggghhh I know better, when you're working on a blade and think to yourself, "self, we should really take a break."

Nah, let's get this handle shaped and THEN we'll take a break.

"I really think we should take a break."

I'm in charge and we'll take breaks when I say we take breaks.

"I'm tired, I want coffee and a sandwich."

Finish the dang handle.

"No, I want coffee and then we can finish the handle."

Well I finished the part of the handle I was working on, come back after a sandwich and coffee pull the tape off and !@$!#!#@$ !$!#!#$!@$ I had sanded part of the handle so the pin isn't symmetrical anymore. :mad:

I know better... I really do.

I know I have been there too:( I used to get frustrated at times when things were not going well with a knife. I would force my self to keep at it and end up screwing things up. Now I leave the project alone for a time and do something else and go back to it. Coming back to it with a fresh and clear mind has saved some projects from the scrap box:)

Things were going wonderfully with the knife until I got a brain cramp... ah well. I needed to practice using my rasp and stuff :rollleyes: instead of the grinder.

Will, I had my Tinfoil Hat on to keep you (And Others) from reading my thoughts... Didn't work;)
Have found that at that point I just set it down and work on something else.
A day or two later it will look different than it does in those moments.

lot of people like my self
allwas interested on
what you have to say mr will

I guess you are the eseption

LOL So I should start to listen to myself? which one of me should I listen to? :confused:

Oh dear, we're beginning to sound like Tai Goo :p

Will,

The first clew should have been listening to the voices.

Pesky ego.:eek:

You may get the upper hand tomorrow, Will.:D

Fred

LOL So I should start to listen to myself? which one of me should I listen to? :confused:

Oh dear, we're beginning to sound like Tai Goo :p

What I want to know is who the other half of the 'we' is... Do you work with a mouse on your shoulder? :D

I'm even worse, not only do I not stop, I start working faster. It's like I think if I hurry up I can get it fixed before the knife (or whatever project) knows there's a problem. It's kind of like eating fast. If you hurry you can eat more before your brain knows you're full. I guess my psyche thinks if I hurry up and speed up my work I'll be able to catch up with the problem before it gets away from me. Of course, it never works. I just mess up even more!

I guess a better approach would be kind of like making love. The faster the more premature (I didn't say that!) and less satisfying. Generally, the slower and more sensitive to the other, the more profound and satisfying.

I normally listen to myselves.....

No... no mouse, I have ninja monkeys to assist me in crafting blades. Thought everyone knew that. :p

My ego beat my id up.

I normally listen to myselves.....

No... no mouse, I have ninja monkeys to assist me in crafting blades. Thought everyone knew that. :p

My ego beat my id up.

Will,

Those Ninja monkeys are also good for self argument feedback. If yourself is getting a little pushy, look over at the ninja monkeys. If they're laughing at you take a break from yourself :D

Mike

Back