little blue tool box

i was wondering if had any info on the little blue tool box that benchmade sells? are they any good, should i save my little cash i have and get better torx drivers? thanks jack:)

I love it. Doesn't take up any room in the drawer, and is more than adequate for what it's made for-taking apart your knives.
I'd get a "real" set of drivers if regular and heavy use where planned, but just taking apart a knife now and then for maintenance hardly qualifies as regular use.

As OwenM said, they're not bad for occasional use, but twist up pretty easily--especially when you forget that a screw has loc-tite on it...:rolleyes: I do like the size and the idea, just not the quality.

I placed an order with my new BM350 (Blackblade, comboedge... it's the Mel Parude in a manual version) and a BMtoolkit (and some other crap) I hope it's decent, otherwise I would of just went to the hardware store (I still would of ordered the knife).

I got it and was disappointed. They make such good knives but crappy tool bits. I already stripped them within a few minutes of taking apart one of my knife. I wanted to get those bits but don't know where to get them. Hardware stores seemed to only have larger bits and not the little ones.
does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get those bits in that blue box (maybe a website)?

thankyou

If you want cheap, go for the Craftsman drivers. If they ever break, you get them replaced for free.

I'm going to check out Wiha though...

I've got a great set of Wiha torx drivers and they are constructed of high chrome, high vandium steel. These will not twist on you as the BM ones do. Try Sears for the Craftsman brand as they are good also.

Don't waste your money... I just baught a set a week agao and its already on its way to bm warrenty dept. The smallest torx twisted and chipped right off. All i was doing was loosening my thumb stud screw.

The Craftsman are alright, certainly better than the BM kit, but Trust me, they will deform. I went through 2 of them in a matter of a week and they both got F'd up with normal use on several knives. The Wihas are still in use after over a year and show virtually no form of wear whatsoever. You can get a set of 6(t6,7,8,9,10,15) for $16 and save plenty of hassle. Actually a T6 and a T10 would cover most everything.

Just another voice telling you to go Wiha and forget the piece of crap BM kit. The BM bits are made of the softest alloy I've ever seen on any tool. They self-destruct in no time from non-abusive work.

After giving up on the BM kit, I went to Wiha (after suggestions on this board). I couldn't be more pleased.

Ok, you guys have convinced me by your experiences that a) maybe I got lucky with my kit, and b) I'd rather go with a quality product if it comes down to replacing it in the future.
A google search turned up something of interest, based on the comments about pricing. Wiha also makes replacement bits T5 and up that can be had for ~$1.50/ea.
Here's one of the dealers I found on my search that seems to have a good selection, their own guarantee (lifetime guarantee, including coverage of return shipping), and 24/7 service with a 1-800#.
http://www.lara.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?oc=bt-t[0-9]
I can't find my T6 driver from my kit anyway, so...:)

Back