Little help

Maybe I could get your expert opinion...

I'm looking for an "urban easy carry natural technological disaster chopping though drywall and 2 by 4s bashing prying cutting" kinda thing.

Which Becker do I want? BK2?

I'm looking for an "urban easy carry natural technological disaster chopping though drywall and 2 by 4s bashing prying cutting" kinda thing.

Well, either a BK-2 or a BK-3 Tac Tool. I prefer the BK-2, myself.

Thaks dawsonbob!

Am I correct in reading that the BK-2 is .25 in thick? Does that make it the thickest of the current line?

Thaks dawsonbob!

Am I correct in reading that the BK-2 is .25 in thick? Does that make it the thickest of the current line?

You're welcome.

Yes, the BK-2 is the thickest of the current lineup, and what a knife it is. For the things that you mentioned, it would be my first choice.

depends how much of a disaster , if it comes to the big one I live in a big city and have tried them all, bashing through drywall, cutting 2x4s,prying open doors and windows hacking and hewing. and one thing you forgot SELF DEFENCE.
Bk2 is .250 thick and will stand up to most I go for it ( the old Camillus serrated version if you can find one although only .210 is a little more versatile) and a BK9 everyday. (the camillus BK 9 version its .210 thick ) great for chopping and a pry bar with an edge.

Last edited:
I've also considered the BK9 survivaledge...but it seems a bit less "carryable" than the BK2. No doubt its a phenomenal camp knife, but being a city boy like you, I'm thinking something more compact that remains relatively unstoppable.

I forgot to say I modified my BK9 with a 4 inch cutting edge on top down to the point.(im not into camping)

I see you say the BK2 is the thickest in the current lineup, dawsonbob.

I'm pretty out of the loop as far as Becker current events goes. I am aware of a "second generation"....is there an "even-stouter something" in the works?

I see you say the BK2 is the thickest in the current lineup, dawsonbob.

I'm pretty out of the loop as far as Becker current events goes. I am aware of a "second generation"....is there an "even-stouter something" in the works?

No, there's nothing stouter in the works that I'm aware of. I emphasized "current lineup" only because there have been other .25 inch thick blades in the past. Right now, the BK-2 is probably the most robust of the Becker knives.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification d-bob!

Is the BK-2 in any way changed in this "2nd generation"?

Ah. Thanks for the clarification d-bob!

Is the BK-2 in any way changed in this "2nd generation"?

Yes. The current generation has cutouts in the tang to lighten it and improve the balance, as well as an extended hammer tang. Both very useful improvements, IMHO. It also ships with a new Gen 2 sheath, which is also an improvement.

you want the 3 foot long Stanley Fubar ;) dry wall smasher, hammer, zombie slayer, 2x4 wrecker...

it's the Gordan Freeman special.

smaller scale? imho? the TacTul. the ubiquitous sharpened prybar.

smaller? the Campanion - but it's definitely a knife that can pry, not a sharpened bar :)

me? i have them ALL :)

Bladite

Funny you mention it Bladite...I do want to get myself a Fubar! It's probably the perfect tool for the situation I'm asking about...

But is no way as much fun as a knife. You just go to the hardware store and buy a Stanley Fubar! A knife I get to think about at length, talk to experts about it, think about if I want to mod it...maybe I'll take the coating off, maybe get Micarta scales, maybe convex it (do it myself, have somebody else [cough...cody....cough] do it), etc etc etc.

Thanks for your TacTul/Campanion input!

Back