Lock on Military

I have a question for all of you with a Military. How does the lock on Military perform under so called "white-knuckle" test?

Haj

I've put mine to the test on wood and with a good amount of force and it didn't even think about failing.One of if not the best I've seen under stress.It does everything it is designed for,especially heavy use and force

------------------
Someday my friends ,I'll own them all

IME, it is sometimes a hit or miss. On a few of them I could make the lock shift a bit under a twisting out motion while stuck in thick wet cardboard medium. This is while I have a white knuckled saber hold on it where the forefinger has extreme pressure up against the liner lock. On a few other models, I can move their liner locks just slightly from a simple white knuckled saber grip! But realize that this is not necessarily uncommon since the liner is not recessed sufficiently nor are the opposite scales either. The top scale has an ample cutout for the lock to be accessed easily, especially with the use of gloves. Keep in mind the purpose of the Militarys design.

Bottom line, none of the locks have failed with the Militaries I' ve used. Still a good folder...

Oh yes, do a search for a detailed thread concerning this matter by Cliff Stamp.

L8r,
Nakano

[This message has been edited by Nakano 2 (edited 11-27-2000).]

Back