lockbar question

I have both second and third generation MX18s each. It's an awesome folder and they are my favorite. I need more effort to release the lockbar on my second generaton compared to the lockbar on my third generation. The tention in the lockbar for my second generation is much stronger and hurt my thumb when closing it with one hand. so I thought maybe I can adjust the tention by taking off the stabilizer and pull the lockbar over to the left and put stabilizer back again. Do you think it will work? I mean I can loosen the lockbar like that? I don't want to ruin my precious folder. How do you think? thanks.

You are in Japan, Rick Hinderer and Rob Orlando are in Ohio. Not trying to be a smart a**, but the beauty of the internet is the fact that you can email them directly. No one is going to know better how to adjust a Hinderer knife than the guys that build them all day long.

Bending ANY framelock the opposite way is a No No. CRK, Hinderer, Strider......none of them are designed to bend the opposite way any more than is needed to unlock the knife and close it. I know one of these days we are going to hear of one breaking from doing this !!! Like "livingmochila" said, email Rick and ask him.

Thanks for your answers. I think that was a bad idea. I'll just use it as it is. It's only a matter of pushing it a little harder. No big problem.

When I was new to Ti framelocks and thinking that it would help me disengage a JYD 2 Ti lockbar, I did the very same thing and ruined the knife.

Wait and talk to Rick or Rob like everyone's saying. :)

Back