Logos cheat sheet ?

I tried searching first with no luck.
Is there a thread around that would list makers logos,with pics, and explain their significance? If not,any interest in starting one? A visual library kind of thing.
I guess some are obvious. Spyderco is spider.

I see a lot of pictures of beautiful knives here that don’t say who made them. A reference might help people, ok me, not waste thread space by asking “what’s that knife?” every five posts.

I think the best way to go about that is to search by maker or at least by country.There are also many books available on the subject.Perhaps posting a photo here would get you an i.d.

I tried searching first with no luck.
Is there a thread around that would list makers logos,with pics, and explain their significance? If not,any interest in starting one? A visual library kind of thing.
I guess some are obvious. Spyderco is spider.

I see a lot of pictures of beautiful knives here that don’t say who made them. A reference might help people, ok me, not waste thread space by asking “what’s that knife?” every five posts.
That's something I'd be interested in seeing. Wouldn't even be sure where to start though. I suppose one thing would be to go on a big dealer's website and search by all brands. You could then go down each listed brand in alphabetical order and search images for its logo and compile the images. The list would of course wouldn't be perfect and would need updated as you go but it would make for a solid starting point.

That's something I'd be interested in seeing. Wouldn't even be sure where to start though. I suppose one thing would be to go on a big dealer's website and search by all brands. You could then go down each listed brand in alphabetical order and search images for its logo and compile the images. The list would of course wouldn't be perfect and would need updated as you go but it would make for a solid starting point.

Makes the most sense, go to the Top 3/Largest Knife Vendors, compile a list of the brands, get the logos and then do your research. Ultimately would work well as a Wikia. Since it's a nice system for it, although a simple website with a spread sheet or some basic coding would work as well, since it doesn't necessarily need to be all that elaborate.

Back