Lonesome Ganga Ram from Reno Nevada

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
22 inch 49 ounce Ganga Ram Special by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. This knife had arrived here without the scabbard, Karda and Chakma. Looking for a nice home at $135. *SOLD*

I9U9z8F.jpg

OLOV6K5.jpg

o27xUQK.jpg

iDbveSo.jpg

2uSMKSo.jpg

ys8UpYG.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Ordinarily I'd let this one pass, since it's a bit heavy for me. However, it just happens that I've been working on chopping down a dead tree in my backyard, and it's slow going. The tree died two or three years ago from the drought, and the wood is dry and very hard. I've been working on it with an older, user khukuri, one that I don't care how it looks afterward. The edge has held up perfectly; not a roll, ding, or anything else, but at 20 oz the blade is just too light for this tree. I'm interested to see how the GRS will do. That's assuming I can swing it. At 49 oz it won't be easy.

EMS.

Got the DD. Tree beware!

Last edited:
Ordinarily I'd let this one pass, since it's a bit heavy for me. However, it just happens that I've been working on chopping down a dead tree in my backyard, and it's slow going. The tree died two or three years ago from the drought, and the wood is dry and very hard. I've been working on it with an older, user khukuri, one that I don't care how it looks afterward. The edge has held up perfectly; not a roll, ding, or anything else, but at 20 oz the blade is just too light for this tree. I'm interested to see how the GRS will do. That's assuming I can swing it. At 49 oz it won't be easy.

EMS.

Got the DD. Tree beware!

I bought my GRS similarly. I was at my moms back around 2003-2004 when a massive thunderstorm blew through knocking over a bunch of trees. I actually used a 25" Kumar Kobra to cut the tree in half blocking my car. Not ideal.

I contacted Uncle Bill and purchased a 21" GRS to take back to my mom's the next weekend. My grandpa marveled at how big and sharp the knife was and how it bit deeply through the tree.

I love my GRS. Part of me feels I should get a 20" AK to go with it...maybe a 25". I adore big impractical khuks:D

Glad you got that one David. I was going to sleep on it and buy it if it was still there tomorrow. That is a crazy low price even without a sheath and tools.

Here are some pics of the GRS chopping the trunk of my dead tree. The trunk is about 5" diameter and very hard wood.

The GRS did a good job on the trunk, but at 49 oz it was too heavy to swing easily, especially at shoulder height. I used a hand-and-a-half grip. Got most of the way through with the GRS, then finished with a 20 oz VUK (seen in last picture) that was much easier to swing.

P8270003.JPG P8270006.JPG P8270010.JPG P8270012.JPG P8270016.JPG

I bought my GRS similarly. I was at my moms back around 2003-2004 when a massive thunderstorm blew through knocking over a bunch of trees. I actually used a 25" Kumar Kobra to cut the tree in half blocking my car. Not ideal.

I contacted Uncle Bill and purchased a 21" GRS to take back to my mom's the next weekend. My grandpa marveled at how big and sharp the knife was and how it bit deeply through the tree.

I love my GRS. Part of me feels I should get a 20" AK to go with it...maybe a 25". I adore big impractical khuks:D

Hi Steely, not sure if you might know. Admittedly I don't spend too much on these forums...I didn't want to make a thread to clutter it up just for one question.

Do you think HI would still make the 30 inch Kumar Kobra? Did you choose to go with the 25 over the 30?

Until Steely responds, I'm sure HI would make you a 30 inch. Send Yangdu an email and inquire. It might take some time as things are pretty messed up over there just like every where else.
Kami's are doing the best they can to make what they can so might be back logged.
But I'm sure they would make you one when time allows.

Until Steely responds, I'm sure HI would make you a 30 inch. Send Yangdu an email and inquire. It might take some time as things are pretty messed up over there just like every where else.
Kami's are doing the best they can to make what they can so might be back logged.
But I'm sure they would make you one when time allows.

What he said:)

I went with a 25" Kobra because it was offered on the deal of the day. Actually, if memory serves me correctly, I ordered both the Kobra and an Everest Katana and planned on sending back whatever I didnt want to keep.... I still have both;)

Both live in The Trunk, but they are both incredible blades.

Back