Look at this batch! 12/10

So a model with plain micarta scales costs the same as one with ivory bolsters and 24 carat gold pins? I guess if he doesn't specify an up charge it is the base price.

They are all the same most of the time if there is a variation Andy will specify when he lists it!

How does this work? You say I'll take it and then you find out how much it is? :confused:

His base prices are standardized and listed in his line up sticky. Some handle materials, and steels other than O-1 as far as I know, are an up-charge...up charges are listed somewhere here I think...not sure where I read them really, may have just been over time reading threads. Most of the time he mentions up-charges in batch posts if they apply. You can say I want that and then check on the price if you're unsure...there is always someone who will take second place if you back out.

So a model with plain micarta scales costs the same as one with ivory bolsters and 24 carat gold pins?

Nah, pretty sure the ivory and gold would be an up charge...never seen him make one like that though....

Damn man BBQ business must be doing good huh !!!. Hey PM me the name of your resturant I will be heading down that way after the first of the year, and I'll stop and try it out.

Actually business stinks. I've sold some things so I can play. Muwhahahaha.
I sold some luxury things So I can get myself survival oriented for the day when my business goes under due to the economy. I have a feeling we all are going to be in a world of hurt and we are all going to need to be self reliant. It's a good thing I hunt and fish. Just need to brush up on my outdoor knife skills and awareness.

Last edited:
Awesome looking knives Andy. Still hanging out for a bolstered handle on a Bushfinger similar to Mistwalkers. Anything like that coming up the pike? Wood or micarta okay. Those hiking buddies are awesome looking too!!!! Need something to go with my new t-shirt!! :D

Awesome looking knives Andy. Still hanging out for a bolstered handle on a Bushfinger similar to Mistwalkers. Anything like that coming up the pike? Wood or micarta okay. Those hiking buddies are awesome looking too!!!! Need something to go with my new t-shirt!! :D

I'm loving the bolstered one...but that dyed Maple one was absolutely beautiful! It's the first one I've seen that I might have considered trading mine for lol.

The only thing that stopped that thought was that this one is the first Bushfinger :D . I am so seldom to get the first of anything lol.

How does this work? You say I'll take it and then you find out how much it is? :confused:

So a model with plain micarta scales costs the same as one with ivory bolsters and 24 carat gold pins? I guess if he doesn't specify an up charge it is the base price.

Yea guys. Sorry. I posted this thread up rather quickly as I only had a certain amount of time before meeting my wife out. So I spaced the prices. This isn't a business tactic, but just a mistake.

As stated above, the base price for my knives is listed in the Lineup and Contact thread. Base price includes most handle materials, and either convex or Scandi grind on 01 steel. All standard production micarta's and g-10's are included. If its a shadetree custom product, then there is an upcharge based on the cost of that material. If the wood is rare, stabalized, or a real pain in the ass to work (Ironwood) then I charge for those. Some of the burl woods come to $50 a block. Thats the biggest upsale I've done. But if I was to buy ivory, that again would go up possibly. Steel upcharges as I branch out are added as well. This whole batch is 01, by far my favorite steel to work and to cut with also. 01 is included in the base price, as would any steel cheaper than 01, like 1095 (rare for me to use).

I've not been charging for hand rubbing and etching. If it gets where I'm doing those a lot, and the time it takes is getting more significant, then I will be charging for it more. I'm getting better at the etching. It looked really really good on the Camp Chopper recently. But again, likely around $20 to the price would be the upcharge for that.

JRE sheaths are available for my knives. I charge $25 for those. I've had them design a sheath for most of my line. If I make a sheath, it will be listed for $50 to $75 or more. I don't usually make sheaths, but when I do I usually make 5 or 6. I currently do have some in stock for smaller knives. Dylan's got me doing really nice Kydex too. $30 for that, only available at time of original purchase. I'm not taking in knives to make kydex for them.

I don't take orders at all anymore. Very likely, this isn't going to re-start as an option. I like the idea of taking the odd order, but not the idea of having more than 5 or 6 active at a time. Orders are fundamentally bad business for me.

Suggestions? How about a Hunter (or maybe a Woodsman too) with dark bolster and fancy wood handle. Gold pins are not required. ;)

That bolster set up is Nice.. I'll just hang on for a KPH, after this purchase. I have a few more on my wishlist, that KPH is purty...

Last edited:
Andy, great looking knives. Love the bushfingers! Anybody got a comparison pick of a bushfinger and a recluse?

Damn Andy, I must been spending to much time in the woods. Especially with nothing to show for it. I cant believe Im this late on this batch. Can we be expecting more 1/8in bushfingers? I know you dont take orders but maybe if we held a vote?

Missed 'em again, bet if you made more they'd move fast.

Both of those were gone in less than 12 hours I believe. Yea they aint staying around too long. Better check in everyday if you are wanting to get one. I am looking for one also, just was not in this batch, hopefully the next one!:thumbup:

Back