Look What Came back from the Swamp

Amy-0

Staff member
Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that the Mega Ratmandu is back on the Busse Combat site and the Swamp Rat site. I have gotten many emails about wanting a Mega Ratmandu and just wanted to give everyone a heads up.:):)

XoXo,
Amy-0

Very tempting to buy another to remove the handle scales.

VSRahrU.jpg

Yes !!! There should always be one iteration or another of the RMD available at all times.

IMO it should be a staple.

It’s the epitome of an all around blade and You can’t beat any of them for the price point.

Yes !!! There should always be one iteration or another of the RMD available at all times.

IMO it should be a staple.

It’s the epitome of an all around blade and You can’t beat any of them for the price point.
I agree 100%
I think if the standard RMD was still on the site, I would have purchased another by now. It is a knife that you should always have handy. I only have 2 sr101 Ratmandu ( not including the Mega’s). I like to keep one in each vehicle. I often find myself wanting a RMD to cut something or just to hold. I don’t want to go outside to my truck to grab it, so I grab a different knife. Usually a fhfg Infimandu or a saber grind Infidu. As I’m writing this, I realize that I have more RMD than I know what to do with. I have an addiction. If it’s not one RMD variant it’s another. I guess I’ll just buy whatever RMD is available at any given moment.

I have more RMD than I know what to do with.
I've got that, too...
<shrug>
Pretty sure there are people with more than me; so I'm not too concerned, yet. (Anybody else remember the picture in which somebody spelled out RMD with his?)

Oh nice that would be really cool, do you wrap it in Paracord or use it bare steel?
Yes. I'm actually debating whether to wrap it or not. It fits in the Danny the Bull sheath for the standard RMD pretty well naked, but is a bit slick. I might try wrapping it with gutted cord.

How did you jailbreak those handle scales, just drill them out?

Not sure what happened in the safe last night, but when I just checked, this fatty had shed its scales to lose some weight... :eek:

img_5883-jpg.1416319

:cool:

Cool. What’s it weigh naked?
Oh, and how thick were the original scales from BUSSE? (If you have some way of measuring?)
Thanks!

Last edited:
How did you jailbreak those handle scales, just drill them out?
Yep, just a good, sharp 1/4" drill bit. Go slow, and do your best to keep it centered. The tubes are a pretty soft stainless steel. Clamp the knife down to your workbench for safety.

Cool. What’s it weigh naked?
Oh, and how thick were the original scales from BUSSE? (If you have some way of measuring?)
Thanks!
I haven't done any measuring yet, but I will do so some time later today and get back to you.

Back