Look What Dan Sent me!

I was looking at these yesterday! Is there any way to order the knife without a sheath, though? If I ordered one, I'd probably get some kydex made for it. And do you have any idea of the thickness behind the edge?

ETA: Since the knife drops straight into the cutting edge without a guard, would it even be possible to make a Kydex sheath for it? How would the Kydex hold the knife?

I think it's around 0.015"-0.020" behind the edge. Fairly thin, but not too thin. The front lanyard tube can be used for a slight indentation to hold it solid in a kydex sheath. Another option is to make a fold-over style. That tends to hold small knives like these very well.

Derrick,

Are these available without sheath?

Jeff

I too would like to get one without the sheath. The leather sheath is the one reason I've been holding off. I would prefer to have some kydex made for it.

I can't speak for Derrick, but I don't think they are available without a sheath. If you are wanting kydex, you can always just keep the leather sheath as a back-up. It's not uncommon to have 2-3 sheaths for daily-use knives (I do for most of mine....each for a different carry scenario. And sometimes just for fun. :D )

Got mine today! Awesome little knife. It's a bit longer than a Candiru but more compact than an Izula, just perfect IMO. The jimping by far is the best I have on any knife, as well.

Small fixed blade lovers should jump at this one.

Love the comparison pics - thanks for sharing!

Dan

Sorry for the delay....I haven't wandered back to BF for a little bit.

We don't have these available without the sheath. The leather sheaths are very nice. We actually designed the knives to fit perfectly in them.....and they do!

Back