Looking for 4.7 &4.1 comparison pics

I recognize many of you from the different forums here on BF. Many of us have very similar tastes on knives. I own some Busse, and CPK EDC but never been able to get a SK! I'm curious to see comparison pics of the 4.1 & 4.7 next to common competitors. I own a Busse SOB and want to see how they relate.

How does it compare to the 4.1 or 4.7? How does the CPK field knife compare to the 4.1 or 4.7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could do a 4.7 or Carothers FK/EDC and an ASH 1 or AMS.

Not sure if that does anything for you though. :D

It will be later this week, but I'll drag my lineup out and get some pics of my 4.7, new spec 4.1, FK and EDC for you

The new spec 4.1 and CPK FK have very similar blades. Those who love the FK will also love the 4.1. I'll get you some comparison shots.

The new spec 4.1 and CPK FK have very similar blades. Those who love the FK will also love the 4.1. I'll get you some comparison shots.

Dang man, now you've got my attention. I have the current 4.1 and CPK FK. They are very different. Can't wait to see the comparison shot with the new spec 4.1

I am worried that the 4.1 and the 4.7 are going to be so similar that I'm gonna want to get rid of one ... I hope not

Below are comparison shots of the CPK FK next to the new-spec S!K 4.1, and the 4.7 just for kicks. The blade length of the 4.1 and FK are very close, and the overlay (FK over 4.1) shows the edge shape is extremely close. The blade on both are within 1/8" of an inch of each other. The main difference is the handle ergonomics. Both are great, but the FK has more of a drop to the tail.

By the way, if I haven't mentioned it, I hate Photobucket!

And just for fun, here is the same comparison of the CPK EDC to the old-spec 3.5. Also extremely similar for the blade edge profile, but the handle is vastly different.

And just for the heck of it...

They're all top notch performers...U can't go wrong with either Nathan's knives or S!K.
I've had the field knife for about 3-4 weeks now & performance is excellent.
Great ergos,stays sharp,light touch up is all that's needed even after heavy chores.

Thanks a lot tony! They are similar but the 4.7 seems a bit wider ,I think the 4.1 will be more versatile god I really can't wait any more this is the longest I've waited for a factory 2nd but the D3V and that perfect blade shape are gonna make it all worth It 😊

Back