1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Looking for a fixed blade - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Darkera, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    I'm looking into buying my first BM fixed blade and the Bushcrafter and Arvensis Sibert really stick out. My go-to knife for working in the bush is a Buck 119 so the Arvensis looks like a natural upgrade, but I wonder if it fits the bill and if the sheath is any good (I've read a lot of conflicting opinions on this one). The green Bushcrafter and its sheath looks great but I wish it was a little longer. Both knives are the same price but the Arvensis seems the better deal, at least according to size, all things considered.

Any suggestions and opinions? I can't believe I don't have a BM fixed blade already.

2. glockboy

glockboy

Oct 14, 2003
    I like the Benchmade 200 Puukko.

3. TiHawk60

TiHawk60 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 30, 2017
    If able, get your hands on both and see how they feel! I replaced my Ka-Bar with the Arvensis and really like it. Huge piece of great 154 that I've taken on about 30 nights of camping since I got it last August. Split wood, carved, prepped food and everything else with it. I don't know what they did with this 154... not that other knives with it have been bad by any means, but this, for some reason, has performed exceptionally well for me. I did get the plain edge, coated version, but would have gotten the plain, satin one if it had been in stock at the store. This was a "I want it now" for a trip and didn't want to wait. The coating has marred substantially from splitting wood, as is to be expected I suppose, but I knew that would happen so... it's a tool!

The sheath is... a boltaron (aka, plastic) sheath... nothing fancy, but fits nicely and has not broken or shown any signs wear / damage AND I have not had any concerns with it's ability to hold the knife just like any other sheath! It has a large BM logo on it, which is cool I suppose, but otherwise, it does it's job just fine for me. I have never used the belt clip portion; I just throw it in the sheath and it goes in the pack.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the 119 Arvensis and I would buy it again!

razorburn and Nbrackett like this.