Looking for a fixed blade - suggestions?

I'm looking into buying my first BM fixed blade and the Bushcrafter and Arvensis Sibert really stick out. My go-to knife for working in the bush is a Buck 119 so the Arvensis looks like a natural upgrade, but I wonder if it fits the bill and if the sheath is any good (I've read a lot of conflicting opinions on this one). The green Bushcrafter and its sheath looks great but I wish it was a little longer. Both knives are the same price but the Arvensis seems the better deal, at least according to size, all things considered.

Any suggestions and opinions? I can't believe I don't have a BM fixed blade already.

If able, get your hands on both and see how they feel! I replaced my Ka-Bar with the Arvensis and really like it. Huge piece of great 154 that I've taken on about 30 nights of camping since I got it last August. Split wood, carved, prepped food and everything else with it. I don't know what they did with this 154... not that other knives with it have been bad by any means, but this, for some reason, has performed exceptionally well for me. I did get the plain edge, coated version, but would have gotten the plain, satin one if it had been in stock at the store. This was a "I want it now" for a trip and didn't want to wait. The coating has marred substantially from splitting wood, as is to be expected I suppose, but I knew that would happen so... it's a tool!

The sheath is... a boltaron (aka, plastic) sheath... nothing fancy, but fits nicely and has not broken or shown any signs wear / damage AND I have not had any concerns with it's ability to hold the knife just like any other sheath! It has a large BM logo on it, which is cool I suppose, but otherwise, it does it's job just fine for me. I have never used the belt clip portion; I just throw it in the sheath and it goes in the pack.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the 119 Arvensis and I would buy it again!

Back