Looking for a Good Hunting Spyderco

I think the Wegner would be a great choice. The Chinook and either or both of the Moran designed fixed blades FB01 or FB02 would work as great hunting knives.
John
colobbfan

Originally posted by CUTIGER 3
Everyone has given you good advice but, you have to decide if you would rather use a fixed blade or folder.

For the fixed blade, try either model of Moran.
IMHO the fixed blade has more positives....Being easier to clean and MORE reliable.

The Wegner is also an excellent knife. Built very solid, excellent blade shape, and good steel.

I've used both but perfer the Moran. You can't go wrong with either choice.

Darn, I wanted to say that!!!

Except I would have spelled it "prefer" and would have added ... "Happy Hunting!" :cool:

This thread is most interesting to me. I have just recently bought both a plain edge and serrated Military models, and wondered how they might work for dressing and skinning of big game. I will definitely be bringing these knives along with me this hunting season for camp chores, if nothing else.

Since I hadn't heard anyone talk about the Military for these purposes, I figured maybe I should look at a different style for actuall hunting (game dressing) purposes. My first thought was the Chinook and also the Wegner, but I much prefer the looks of the Chinook.

I'm going to watch for that article in "Handguns".

Jeff/1911.

Back