Looking for a Stider dealer that stocks the AR model...

Title says it all with the exception of looking for a dealer that sells at fair prices. Thanks!
Barry H

All the Strider dealers have to sell at a fair price or they won't be dealers any longer. As to anyone stocking AR's, I'd say that there probably aren't any. They are just too popular. Check out the dealers and friends section of www.striderknives.com and try contacting all of them. That would be your best bet.

I agree with Ryan,

I haven't met a bad dealer, try Joe Estrada or EKIM, nobody is going to stock the folder because the supply is very small compared with the demand. You are looking 4 to 6 months wait, but it is worth it if you want the baddest, nastiest, hardcore folder on the block, or more likely in the county.
Take care and good luck,
Reed

i got mine from oso grande-I lucked out when I ordered and they were in stock, but that was a few months ago.
check with all the dealers.
best of luck!
cheers,
Derek

Highly suggest if you find one, to order before getting off the phone. If anyone even smells the chance of someone having an AR in stock, the phone lines will become jammed :D

I also got mine from OSO Grande, I think only a week before dwenslen

Dark Nemesis,
Lucky you guy, I waited about 6 to 7 months for my AR.
After I received it, the AR bit me seriously I got a big cut on my left hand.

Although it's so BAD I still love it. ;)

OK, I'm jealous...I don't even have MY AR yet. In fact, I’ve never even SEEN one in the flesh but rumor has it that they actually do exist. Either that or you guys have all banded together with claims of owning AR's in a conspiracy just to tease me. Guess I'm destined to carry my old Sebenza forever. Whine, whine, snivel, snivel...ok I'll shut up now. :D

Take care,
Cecil

Joe:

In reality I didn't even wait twenty four hours, had it shipped overnight :D lol

Arrow-Dynamics:

They definately exist. on the Busse forums the members have formed a conspiracy to make Nimrod think there is a knife called a Satin Jack :D but the AR most certainly exists. Possibly the greatest folder ever in my opinion....

"All the Strider dealers have to sell at a fair price or they won't be dealers any longer."

Ryan, I've never heard this before. What's considered a fair price, or mark, up on Striders?

Thanks for all the messages, fellas. To those of you that recently bought one, what did you pay? Dark Nemesis: you said that the AR is the best folder you've come across. Please elaborate.

Bronco over at the Custom forum recommended the AR to me. I am a journeyman commercial carpenter and I am, frankly, sick of all the whimpy liner locks that have failed me over teh years. I would like to be able to carry a fixed blade at work, but my demographics put me in a liberal state, therefore no fixed carry in metropolitan areas.

The AR is a liner lock, correct? What makes this beast better than other liner locks?

Thanks!
Barry H

Barry:

All good questions, let me see if I can explain my opinion a little better. I've also had lots of liner locks, not too many have "failed" me as much as just dissapointed me with the construction and performance.

Right off the bat, almost anyone would probably agree, that all details on the AR are overdone, and overdone well. Its handle is full sized, so you can get a good full handed grip. The G-10 slabs, are thicker than any other knife, and due to that the texture is rougher and deeper, which means it won't wear down over the long run. The liners are fricking thick as hell, but not so much that they don't function. My AR has the most solid lockup anyone could ask for in a folder, it hits in the center of the tang every time without fail, and absolutely WILL NOT disengage by accident.

The pivot is larger than most folders also, and just in my opinion gives it a much nicer swing and feel when being opened and closed. Personally I don't like knives with small pivots, they just feel like little toys.

Then we come to the clip :) one of my favorite features of the AR, it actually works !!! You have to see it to believe it. Solid with three screw attachment, and thick steel so it won't bend when minor snags occur. Anyone who has known me over the last two years, knows I complain about most folder clips because I have had them fail me. Yes, it is due to snags which I could have avoided probably, but I don't want to have to worry about it. Strider has given us a clip that will take abuse and not bend or be broken off, I absolutely love it. I am currently using a Joe Chen Kydex sheath, but its still nice to know I've got a great clip if ever needed.

The blade is definately the AR's highlight. Being almost a 1/4" thick, she can take some hard work, and drops if they happen by accident. However, they gave this drop point blade a nice point and beefy tip for detailed work. It also holds a great edge, I am assuming its attributed to the heat treated BG-42 (?).

Fingers are getting tired :) hope that explains a little better.

Thanks for the additional info--that helps. I wish I could handle one before I go out on a limb. Also considering a Bradshaw Whitewing, totally on the other end of the spectrum, but it does have a very tough blade with the traditional lock back.

Maybe I'll luck out and see an AR at a gun show........

Barry H

Yup, everything said here is true. Love my AR #067 with tritium thumbstuds from TAD. Even got the kydex rig and a custom sheath from SOE(thanks Mike). Six months is not a long wait considering the quality of the AR. I was lucky though, I only had to wait three days. :p Hey Cecil, good to see you here. Can't wait to get my PORTIA. Don't worry those Sebenza's are great knives, I had one for a while and I regret letting it go.

Here is a pic of my AR from TAD:
ar-trit.jpg

Frank Q.

BTW Dark Nemesis maybe I'll see you at the NYCKS on Friday.

Frank Q.

A fair price should run right around what the Strider Web Site advertises the price to be. Dealers don't pay what regular prices, so they get the difference between what they pay and what you pay as profit. But, I wouldn't pay more than $20 over what Strider advertises the price to be. I'd just wait for Strider to make it for me at their price. But, I'm patient about these things. Some folks will pay more for the quicker turnaround.

Well, I called most of the dealers and thought that if anyone else is interested in an AR, you better be patient!! Looks like it's going to be several weeks.
Regards,
Barry h

cpm10v:

As embarrassing as it was, I had no clue and had to look :) lol Nope, no lanyard hole. I'm guessing because there really isnt a place to put it. Since its tip up carry, and the clip is so massive, there is no extra room at the knife's butt.

fq55:

Great, look forward to meeting everyone that is there. I'm going to need support while I show my Dad around the tables, and try to explain my rational for loving knives :)

Wow guys, after reading all your posts, I am hooked! I definately have to get one, either an AR or a GB. What does the pocket clip look like? Can anyone post a pic?

Back