Looking for an EDC: ~3" closed, locking blade, traditional aesthetic

Hi everyone. I'm searching for a first EDC knife but can't find anything that fits my criteria:
-- around 3" closed
-- locking blade (liner, lockback, I don't mind)
-- at least a can & bottle opener (though a corkscrew would also helpful)
-- and a traditional aesthetic.

The Victorinox Delemont S series, Civivi Crit, and Swiza D01 have the features I want but not the desired styling.

Buck 55/501/503s, various Case models, or even a GEC 83 would be perfect if they had extra tools. There are plenty of vintage slip-joints that would be suitable but don't have a locking blade.

The closest I've found is a lionSTEEL Barlow with bottle opener, but I'd still rather something with more functions.

So what other options are out there?

I think that if you are willing to go slipjoint your possibilities are going to open up. Not much locking knives in this category.

The closest I have found is the victorinox wood one. Trekker mabye?

The Forrester.

Otherwise the wine master. But it is super expensive

You will have to be willing to drop the lock requirement and you'll have a lot more options, if you must have a lock then parooz the leathermans

It is a legitimate big hole in modern knives. The super classy go out to a party open a few bottles cut a bit of cheese, style knife.

It would be nice to have a wood or brass single hand opener that does that.

The gerber armbar cork sort of does it.

I just didn't think it hit right.

I felt very classy cutting a 36 dollar ribeye at a 5 star restaurant with my paramilitary 2 last night. But to me a paramilitary 2 is classy.

Look into leathermans knife style multi tools. The k2 or k4 or t2. For a more traditional look with those tools, you'll give up the locking blade, get a leatherman juice. You can still find nice lightly used ones on ebay

The British Army knife is 95mm closed (3.7 inches), has a locking blade (there may be a non-locking version also), a claw style can opener which can double as a bottle opener, and a flat screwdriver on the end. It has the oldschool style bail for lanyard or key ring attachment. Some versions also come with a marlin spike.

It is stainless steel and can be bought new as they are still being made, but I don't know if they are still locking or not because of British knife laws. You might have to buy an older used one to get a locking version.

Fox Vulpis and Boker Tech-Tools look good, but are again slipjoints. Although a Rebar would cover most of your criteria.

Last edited:
Kinda late reply but if you want WW1 clonky aesthetics and don't mind bigger frame: Otter Mercator multi. It comes in smaller frame with only bottle opener/flat driver and corkscrew and locking ironclad looking version with additional old school can opener and awl.

The British Army knife is 95mm closed (3.7 inches), has a locking blade (there may be a non-locking version also), a claw style can opener which can double as a bottle opener, and a flat screwdriver on the end. It has the oldschool style bail for lanyard or key ring attachment. Some versions also come with a marlin spike.

It is stainless steel and can be bought new as they are still being made, but I don't know if they are still locking or not because of British knife laws. You might have to buy an older used one to get a locking version.
I have the Australian one. Only the marlin spike locks.

Shellam brand.

Back