Looking for an EDC fixed blade

Hey guys looking to get into the world of Busse knives. I'm looking for a fixed blade satin finished 7-9 inches for EDC. Blade steel doesn't matter . I'm looking for something used in the forum. Just wondering what I should be looking out for. Price $250 or under

Right now you can find the Battle Grade Active Duty in the exchange and hopefully shortly the Mean Street Ergo Battle Grades will start charging and shipping to those that ordered one and eventually some of them will end up on the exchange as well. Both of these should be pretty good EDC's, neither will be satin but you can always strip 'em and they will be under your $250 limit, good luck and welcome to the world of Busse Knives..

An Active Duty or a Game Warden might be good knives to consider. Both of which come in satin variants. Getting them at that price point might be a bit tough depending on the knife, but definitely keep your eye on the exchange.

Going to be tough to find INFI around that price point. There's a nice satin rodent 3 on the exchange, their a nice edc.
If you bump up a little keep an eye out for Basic 4, pork shank and those mentioned above.

I would say a AMS LE, SOB LE, or Game Warden in satin.. But as mentioned above.. for satin INFI that's gonna be real hard to find at $250.
if you are able to fork out more $ I know you will love it as its the kind of blade that becomes a companion and you pass it to your Son or grandson.
That said, if money is a concern, The battle grade series in SR101 Steel is available in many of the same blades for vary affordable prices and I am telling you...SR101 is SUPER TOUGH!!!
just keep in mind it will rust like 1095 so you will want to keep the coating on it if its a serious user...
a middle ground would be getting an coated INFI knife and stripping it..
I would encourage you to take a leap of faith if you have the $. Good luck pal!

Thanks for the advise guys. I may have found a brand new game warden or max duty satin Elmax steel with blue g10. 280$ both options are custom shop 2014 blade show customs. Are these good steel or is the sr101 or infi superior. Sorry if these are stupid questions

Infi is better, in my experience. Its tough as nails, and doesn't chip readily. Its also more costly, so Elmax is a nice substitution if you're not going to beat on it too hard.

Thanks for the advise guys. I may have found a brand new game warden or max duty satin Elmax steel with blue g10. 280$ both options are custom shop 2014 blade show customs. Are these good steel or is the sr101 or infi superior. Sorry if these are stupid questions
Havent had the elmax but just two weeks ago I heard from a very good source that Busse's elmax is AWESOME!! he is very impressed with it on smaller knives and this is a guy who has had more infi and sr101 than I could ever dream to own. Im gonna get some for sure! Keep in mind, INFI really shines in Medium to Large hard use blades..

Last edited:
Game Warden Hacks are a good idea for that price range and size. (Do you mean 7-9" overall?)

The thick ones in the photos are INFI, and the thin ones are ELMAX. :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 24
  • HACK.jpg
    HACK.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Other choices around 10" overall that I like include the Scrapyard War Dog, Scrapyard S5LE, Busse Pork Shank, Busse B4, and Busse SWATmandu LEOR. However, they will cost more. Check out Swamp Rat website for similar items made in the same area from SR101 with a lower cost.

Estimated Exchange Prices:
S5LE (INFI) $300 (pictured with black mudder Res-C handle)
WarDog (INFI) $300 (pictured with tan Res-C handle)
Pork Shank $325 (pictured with Coyote and Black G10 handle)
B4 $350 (not pictured)
SWATmanDu $350 (one pictured with black and one with tan Micarta)
(The other knife shown is a Hog Muk with Green/Black G10.)

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 24
  • MukPS2.jpg
    MukPS2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 31
  • S5LE a.jpg
    S5LE a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 21
  • CB Shank.jpg
    CB Shank.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
More than you are wanting to spend but the Pork Shank is sweet !! You could also well score a B4 user in the price range you want and they are a GREAT blade !!

If you can't find a Meaner HACK, or HACKtive Duty... then Mini Vex or maybe BGAD.
My Meaner HACK has been my edc for about 6 years now. (bottom)
mr7ggx.jpg

2i21zmb.jpg

Thanks guys, all wicked cool blades. Hopefully something pops up in the exchange . Or I pull the funds for that brand new Elmax active duty.

I asked this same question a while back, without the requirement of satin. I found a brand new unused anniversary mean street. I have carried it just about every day since then. Love it. Best of luck. It's my only busse, and I look forward to finding more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back