Looking For Custom Handles

Hello BladeForums,

Sorry if this is not the correct forum to post this in, I was not sure were to put it.

I am looking for someone to make me a custom set of handles for a cleaver I just purchased and refinished. If anyone is interested in taking on this project, please let me your contact information. If anyone else knows of someone who would be willing/able to do this, please let me their contact information as well.

This is the cleaver that I need the handles made for (these are before photos), it is suppose to be from either 1895 or 1950's from what I have read on the Google based on the logo style. I also have the original brass pins still and am cleaning those up, they are a little bent from removing them but I think they can be straightened out and would like to use them on the new handles.

Y9vpnMI.jpg

t9cdG0K.jpg

Nj0nC8o.jpg

OLlXXM1.jpg

Thanks everyone for your help.

Take care,
Ben

I do kitchen knife re handles. send me an email if you like. i charge $120 labor plus material costs. I wouldnt wan tto re use the pins, i would suggest using brass corby bolts.

Hey Tim,

Thanks for responding. The cleaver is with Robert Erickson Knives. Robert is going to do the handle, with brass bolts, black liner and Asian Ironwood, can wait to get it back.

Here is a picture of the cleaver all cleaned up before sending it to him.

Pic_2_1.jpg

Pic_5_1.jpg

Pic_1_1.jpg

library

[Disclaimer: this is a useless post. I am not liable for time lost reading and/or contemplating it].

I wonder what someone was trying to cut through when they made the hammer marks on the spine...

Certainly a knife with a lot of history and use behind it! Nice!

Back