Looking for: Double edged, assisted opening...

Hey all. What knife can you recommend that is a double edged and assisted opening, but at a low cost? This will be a second EDC, as a companion to my Emerson Hard Wear.

Thanks a bunch,

John

Edit: It also must be a spine lock, or push button lock, as i do not like liner locks.

I dont think that there is any knife that is double edged and assisted opening, the liability issues would be too great. I cant think of any production folders other than the wilson/ralph stilleto (auto) that are Double edged, most DE folders are autos since it is a good idea to have the knife held closed like most single action autos do.

Also i think all assisted opening knives are liner locks or frame locks, with the exception of the SOG knives.

Depending on legality issues, you might want to check out Bladeauction.com for things similar to this. This is actually one of the higher quality cheap knock-offs. Otherwise, you may need to think a bit more expensive, like in the $200 range for Daltons.

I don't know of any side-openers that have double edges, as that is just asking for trouble, so your only hope is an OTF (out the front) knife.

DD

Whats the difference between a frame or liner lock? Can anyone point me towards some cheap assisted opening with a decent sized blade?

John

Back