Looking for Info on HI/Bura Sabre

Folks:

A while back, Arvind posted a reference to a Indian-style sabre made by Bura. Uncle Bill sent pics - gorgeous. At this stage, I'm trying to dig up posts related to it. My searches on "sabre", "Bura sabre" and "Indian sabre" have turned up "bugger-all", to quote my betrothed. Can anyone in the house point me towards the original postings?

Thanks,

S.

Spence try Talwar or Tarwar for the subject of the search. It may be called one or the other of these names.:)

But then again it may not, just tryin to help out.;)

I was wondering what ever became of the talwar and the "saber fit for a king." Hopefully they'll re-enter production when the new shop gets set up; I took a liking to them both. :cool:

I figured the research-meisters would succeed where I "experienced sub-optimal results".

Ruel, you're obviously a man of taste. Someday, we'll have yataghans, too.

S.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
I have pix if anybody wants them let me know.

Bro if you will please post the pix again. Since the %$#$#@$&^%^%# Photopoint went south a new record should be made for future references.

Besides I have forgotten what it looked like mostly, trouble with an ageing memory, but for some reason improving here of late. I'm beginning to wonder if it ain't the vitamins the doc put me on, at least it seems like it was the doc :confused:!!!!;)

Here's a scan of the blade and presentation case of the SFFAK, otherwise known as the blind ram dao (no eyes):D

Attachments

• hi ram dao.jpg
    hi ram dao.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 149
Spence,

We're probably in the minority, but that's ok. :cool: Yeah, I'll leave the hard work of chopping wood, etc. to the others. I'm more interested in preening and posturing with my blades. Hopefully we'll get BirGorkha to start making shields & armor to go with the sabes & talwars.

char-rnd.gif

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/3505/char-rnd.gif

Speaking of getting all dressed up, I'll be decked out in Indo-costume for my friend's wedding reception this Saturday, though without the body armor. Of course, I'll be bringing the HI falcata/khukuri along.

IMAG0016.GIF

Someone remind me to take pictures. :D

Ruel:

We can be in the minority, though we're obviously not the only ones with the "sword jones" (to quote Wal).

You have me curious about why you'll be in Indo-garb for your friend's reception. Sounds like a good time. Pics would be good.

But you're sure they're ok w/you appearing with live steel decorations? I plan to have Persian food (yum!) and music (lot's of fun) at my reception, but I'd be a little nervous if my future kinfolk showed up with real shamshirs. Especially after they've had a few.

S.

I should have mentioned -- it's gonna be a traditional Indian thing, so everybody will be dressed up, including some young ladies. ;)

"Especially after they've had a few."

That's exactly why I *want* to be armed! :eek: Who knows what might happen...

1975_2.158.jpg

ruel

PS: When's you're reception? Is the Cantina invited?? :cool:

Back