Looking for opinions on these knives....

WkJUduiSuqLM7jSwKD6Cpx6T2DzJwfxL00A0.jpg

I really like the design of the A.G. Russell One-Hands, and am thinking about purchasing one. Looking for any comments, good or bad, on this knife line. The second knife in the photo is my first choice of the four.

Nicely made, but a little light for my everyday use. The integral lock-back isn't as solid as I'd like.

I was thinking the same thing of the locking mechanism when I saw the photo. Does anyone else own one that can comment on the lock? I've gotten used to the strong lock on my CS Voyager, and was wondering how the A.G. compared.

I own one and have carried it occasionally. It is a lightweight knife, but a lot stronger than it looks, including the lock. Mine passes a fairly tough spine-whack test.

--Bob Q

The lock-up on them is quite sound. My only complaint about the knife is it's thinness. I prefer a beefier handle, which is an option, if you have the extra dough. A.G.Russell puts some really premium scales on those knives, but it does bump the price up considerably. The lock is a little awkward, and takes some getting used to, but it will never be as easy as an Axis lock.

If you want a unique, quality folder, with great blade-to-handle ratio go for it. I'd rather have a Benchmade Axis, though. Have you looked at AG's Liner lock knives?
agcgj1x.jpg
ag-cj3x.jpg

If you can afford those, that's what I would get. I have the quince burl one (first pic).

DD

The version of this knife that I own has a hole in the blade instead of the
stud. It is a favorite carry for dress or office work holding a great edge in
Aus-8 steel. As to the lock ........I'd have to wonder why the concern over
it's robustness. After all this is a daily light utility not a work knife intended
to wreck havoc with drywall and such.

If you want one buy it. If you don't like it (for any reason) send it back.
Now or two years from now. That's A.G.'s policy .......period. You will
have no risk involved at all.

Back