Looking for steak knives ==>> Tramontina?

Hello. It has been a while since I have been on the forums... but am interested in getting some new steak knives.

Actually, I have been wanting to get some new ones for some time but recently I was at a Texas Roadhouse roadhouse restaurant (in Michigan) and noticed that there steak knives were made by Tramontina. I remember reading about there Machetes but did not realize they made steak knives too.

I believe I found them online under the title: Tramontina Porterhouse Jumbo Round Tip 5" Steak Knife. They are selling for a dozen for $39.99 + shipping and appear to be the same ones from the restaurant.

I was curious if these are recommended or a good price. Thanks!

Tromontina makes a lot of products. They used to have a plant in Manitowoc/Two Rivers area in Wisconsin. I believe they move production to South America.

Personally I do not like those big clumsy restaurant steak knives.

We have a cheap set with finer serrations that work great.

The better the steak you start out with the less of need for a great steak knife.

Good Luck.

Tromantina steak knife:
<deal spot removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Buck makes some nice steak knives.

Tramontina makes cook sets - I looked all over for a set of cookware that was made in the USA for my son and his wife for Christmas.

Tramontina makes a nice set that sells at Sam's Club, made in USA.

You can get the Buck knives at an excellent price if you join the BCCI.

best

mqqn

I would go for non-serrated. Much better performance and easy sharpening. I've seen some nice sets by Victorinox, with rosewood handles. I prefer for myself my carbon Opinel no. 8, though.

I decided to order the ones below...
<deal spot removed>

I figure the round tip is safer around the kids, although they never used our old steak knives (mainly because of the serrations + sharp point). Agreed they are bulky but maybe better for my wife this way who has rheumatoid arthritis. But then again.... I do not need much of an excuse to by more knives! Speaking of which, looking at Opinel's I quickly found a little set on
<deal spot removed>

Thanks!

Back