1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Looking for wood

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Travis Talboys, May 9, 2019.

1. Travis Talboys

Travis Talboys

Oct 30, 2018
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm for a source for ironwood branches. I need small diameter pieces, 1/4 to 1 inch round, and they need not be longer than a few inches. If anyone has any they can part with, or knows of someone who might, I would love to talk to you.

Thanks in advance,
    Travis

2. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Do you mean desert ironwood or the ironwood tree?

You might want to contact someone like Mark at Burl Source. He may be able to get you in touch with someone who harvests desert ironwood.
    Another idea would be to contact someone in the landscaping business in Arizona, Baja California, or the Senora desert which is the part of the country that has the bushes/trees.

3. Travis Talboys

Travis Talboys

Oct 30, 2018
    Thanks, Stacy.