Looking to try a Cold Steel folder

Hello guys, I haven't posted in this part of the forums before but anyways I have my eyes on trying a Cold Steel folder out, haven't bought any before. I've bought two of their double edged throwing axes and I really liked them until the wooden handles finally broke, was a lot of fun while it lasted. Well I'm thinking about the Cold Steel Talwar 4 inch, would like to spring for the 6 inch one but not legal here. I own a Benchmade Bedlam, so am wondering how it would compare handle-wise to that.

The Talwar has a lot going for it, but I found the handle to be quite cramped, a bit surprising for a knife that size. Now, I wear XXL gloves, so that's a big factor, and I honestly think a quarter inch more room and I would have been okay, so it may work great for you. FWIW, I own a Bedlam as well and find the handle extremely comfortable.

As far as I know, it's not legal to carry the 4" Talwar in Missouri, either, though I'm in love with its blade and handle. Might I suggest a Code 4 or an AK-47? Each of these offer 3.5" blades, Tri-Ad locks and great ergonomics.

As far as I know, it's not legal to carry the 4" Talwar in Missouri, either, though I'm in love with its blade and handle. Might I suggest a Code 4 or an AK-47? Each of these offer 3.5" blades, Tri-Ad locks and great ergonomics.

Wow that's terrible, I can carry my rajah 1 no problem in most parts of California except LA/SF!
But I agree with trying the ak47, it's my favorite overall knife from cold steel in the sub-4in category

Well the Code 4 and AK was on my list to try as well, I'm going with one of them. Its in my normal carry range anyways, I usually carry an Unumzaan. I want to check the Triad Lock out.

I saw Charlie Mikes Youtube videos on the counterpoint XL, certainly am envious, wish I could carry a big folder too.

If you go with the AK-47 you need to warned about the pocket clip. A combo of a very tight clip and very abrasive handle make it easy to ruin pairs of pants. (or whatever you clip it to.)

I have the code 4 tanto cts xhp. Great knife. Maybe a little slippery if my hands are very dry but nothing's perfect.

I love MD's knife laws. No knife owning restrictions whatsoever but you can't conceal carry a "dangerous weapon" (dirk, dagger, bowie, bali, switchblade, etc) and all folding knives can be concealed no matter what thanks to Bacon v. State (a lawsuit that found that a penknife is still a penknife whether it is large or small or locks or not).

Hello guys, I haven't posted in this part of the forums before but anyways I have my eyes on trying a Cold Steel folder out, haven't bought any before. I've bought two of their double edged throwing axes and I really liked them until the wooden handles finally broke, was a lot of fun while it lasted. Well I'm thinking about the Cold Steel Talwar 4 inch, would like to spring for the 6 inch one but not legal here. I own a Benchmade Bedlam, so am wondering how it would compare handle-wise to that.

Do you mean the Bad axe? That's the only double edge axe thrower I can think of with a wooden handle.

Those handle's are replaceable. Very easy to do, and pretty cheap., or you can make your own, which I have also done.

Yes it was the Bad Axe, was one of my last purchases from BudK if I remember lol. I still have the axe heads and saw that replacement handles were available just never got around to it, might try making my own sometime.

Counterpoint XL is ahhh-mazing. A true spear point. But they come in 3 inch versions.

I recommend the Code 4, I got mine (spear point) for 72 bucks shipped. That seems to be the lowest of CS' XHP.

Back