looking to upgrade my collection

I really like my Inkosi, but if you're looking for a knife with drop-shut, snappy action, to flip open-closed it's the exact opposite of that. CRK's have great action but it's more of a controlled intentional opening than a flick open knife. CRK fans are gonna flip, but I'd say it's more of a dad-knife, it's a very well put together tool that will last a lifetime of use, but it's otherwise boring. I'd personally go for a Les George or Koenig, but I'm probably saying that because I already have an Inkosi and Sebenza in my collection. I'm actually looking to get a VECP but I overspent on Microtechs...
I just gotta say, I had a daughter last September and bought a CRK in May. You're comment is acurate but it stings.

If you haven't handled a button lock VECP, you are missing out. I love my PJ, but all the variants are fantastic.

Olamic deserves look.

MSRP for most of them exceeds $700 but I got all these 3 for less than $500 each. I also bought the Shiro Ursus pictured w/them for less than $500.

0431bwh.jpg

I prefer a more subtle style in my knives but you can see a wider range in styles available in this thread:

Last edited:
This year I was all ready to upgrade my collection and buy some knives in the $500 and up category. I have looked at Spartan Harsey, Les George VECP, Rocksteed, Koenig Arius, Chris Reeves Inkosi, Demko AD 20.5. Of these I do want a Rocksteed (looking for used), but not that impressed with the others. I know there are those on here that really like all of these knifes.
For reference the last two knives I bought are Sharp By Design Mini Evo and I Volsteed RSKaoss. I liked the RSKaos, but found it a little too big for EDC. Will use it for camping or when aI know I will be using a knife. The Mini Evo I really like and will be just admired for now.
I have tow questions:
1. Any Suggestions on 500ish knives that I should look at. A little less is also ok.
2. Is there something that will remind me of the Mini Evo at a much less price that I could use for EDC?
Also, as you can see I will buy from China, but I do prefer to buy from anywhere other than China.
Thank you for your comments and don't be too hard on me on the knives I am not that impressed with. I do know they are all great knives.
Cheburkov, Biryukov, Jason Clark customs if you don't mind the cross...

R&H Knives Tasca 2 starts at $600 excellent knife I love mine.

Big fan of the Umnumzaan! Also, while not a $500 knife, the Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2 is fantastic as an every day, do almost anything knife. And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't like spyderco knives or liner locks.

Back