Looks like I got caught up in something...better check it out

What are the size specs on this? It appears to be very close to what I would refer to as "Perfect".

What are the size specs on this? It appears to be very close to what I would refer to as "Perfect".

This might help.

[QUOTE=Daniel Koster;7269342]Ok, guys...here's my final CAD drawing...it's now or never....:thumbup:

Name for this one: M.U.C.K.

(My Ultimate Camp Knife)

I found a local source for some 3/16" O1 (which will be lighter than the 1/4" 5160 I have on hand) - so I'm going to take a shot at it. It won't be as tough as 3V, but O1 aint no slouch either!!

Have a look and let me know what you think.

I included a "ruler" for reference.

CampKnife4a.gif

Part of my reasoning for this size/shape:

I want it to be able to fit in a Spec Ops Combat Master Short sheath
LGcombatmaster_1.jpg

..yet get as much blade as possible in there. :D

I angled the blade forward (not too unlike a kukri) for better chopping

Exposed pommel for crushing

Lanyard hole at the back (beyond the grip...won't get in the way of your hand while using the knife)

The blade "reverse tapers" (gets wider as it goes toward the tip) for added weight in chopping. This has been time-tested with my Survivor knife.

Spear-point tip (better for digging over a drop point; nice and stabby too)

False edge to lighten the tip a bit and make penetration easier

Thumbgooves on top for striking a firesteel and for grip retention

The tang will be significantly drilled out to make this knife very light/easy to carry. I will also be providing a multi-position kydex sheath and will just let the tester decide which he likes better.

The handle will be make out of 3/8" thick Natural Canvas Micarta with some palm-swell/contouring - will be heavily bead-blasted for extra grip.

Next step is to cut out the steel. :thumbup:

Dan[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for one as well either in 3V or in O1 and with Micarta with or without liners. Would love to see black and tan G10 though. :)

Bump! Just in case anyone hasn't seen this lovely blade yet. I can't wait to see a run of these. :thumbup:

I got the blade back yesterday....cleaned it and sharpened it up and put it to work in the shop. I am really liking this knife more and more...

I want to make the handle a little thicker though, with more contouring. Will add cost, but I think the overall feel will be much nicer.

Dan

I'd like to be in for one. The Black /Tan G10 sounds good, what does it look like? Any pics?

Hey Dan I can't find the post where ya say how much these run for ? Also would you consider making one with a 5" blade, if so what would they sell for ?

Sorry for all the questions !

damn it, dan, I knew I'd been avoiding this thread for a reason. I'd be in for one, too!

Hello...hello....hello...........sound of wind....picture of tumbleweed blowing across my screen ! LOL !!!!!!!

no update yet - still messing around with the prototype.

I imagine I'll want to jump on it in Feb/March.

Dan

no update yet - still messing around with the prototype. I imagine I'll want to jump on it in Feb/March.Dan

I'll look forward to that........:)
I will definitely be ordering at least one of these Dan:thumbup:

You guys have any opinions on what handle and steel options to offer?

I am thinking 3V steel with just a few handle options.

Cocobolo
Black/Tan G10
Natural Canvas Micarta

Dan

Dan if given the choice I would prefer stainless over carbon, for me 3V or CPM154......
For the handles,black, burgundy, or green Micarta would be my 1st choice........

I am on your mailing list but I don't check your forum that often. Please PM me when you are about to launch these.......:)

Thanks
Steven

It has been a long time since I have been immediately taken aback by a knife. Until now.

I definitely want one when they become available.

Back