Loose handle on OT 125OT

In 1993 I bought an Old Timer 125OT from a guy on the construction site for 10 dollars.It was obvious that the knife had been carried very much as it appeared well "pocket worn" and the blade had a rich patina.But the blade had obviously never been sharpened or used for a scraper or screwdriver and was in perfect condition.I put an edge on it and had a sheath from a Buck 110, that was laid on a rock after gutting a trout and forgotten,that fit it just fine.It is an excellent knife,but I have rarely used it,I mainly keep it in a daypack when hunting.I had it in storage(well oiled and out of the sheath)for nearly 2 years and got it out the other day and noticed that the delrin handle on the side without the shield is loose near the blade pivot end.I can pull it out from the frame and the pin has pulled out of the brass liner(it is still firmly in the delrin slab).What would the process be to send it back to Schrade and have it fixed?I am not looking for a freebie,and wouldn't want a replacement even if they still produced this model,which I found out they do not by searching this forum.Thanks.

Call (800) 2-SCHRADE. Ask for customer service and explain just what you have written. I would be quite surprised when you explain the circumstance if Schrade would not help you. As far as cost of course you have to ask them but, again it would not surprise me if it was free or nominal at best. This repair is fairly simple so in this case even thought this model is no longer made I would be pretty certain that they have replacment parts for it. I hope this helps. Lt

Thanks LT,I had never been to this forum before I did the search to find out about this knife and was hoping you would respond.I'll call the number you provided.

Back