loosen grip of Impinda pocket clip . . .

expidia1

Gold Member
Just received it yesterday. First impression . . . This clip is a real pocket killer as it is now. Too bad as its a beautifully designed clip. Anyone manage to bend or loosen it a tad?
I fear if I bend it up a little the clip will snap.

I'll be wearing it with suit pants and its a real shredder as it is now :(

I'm thinking about calling CRK and asking them to sell me a clip that they can make a little looser. This way I can simply swap the clip if I ever resell the knife.
This would be cheaper than sending it back to them and losing it for weeks then paying another $17 for return postage.

Last edited:
I used abrasive cloth, sanded off a bit of the nose of the clip and polished it. Works very well now with all sorts of trousers.

You think you might snap titanium?
Im leery as the last clip on a benchmade that was too tight snapped like a twig. I dont know if it was titanium or not but BM does not replace their clips for free anymore.

I used abrasive cloth, sanded off a bit of the nose of the clip and polished it. Works very well now with all sorts of trousers.
Thx Art. Great idea! I do like the clip itself and especially the little tab at the end to open it with but this AM I could not get it on my suit pants without potentially ruining the fabric. I had to opt for another CRK carry this AM. I’ll hit the clip tonight with my Dremel.
If I ever go to resell it I can always order another clip to keep the OEM integrity of the knife.

I think most BM clips are steel. I have a Impinda clip on my Ti-Lock and think its great.

I emailed spark. Somehow my account renewed for the Gold membership under an account that should have been closed.

Either way I was able to do Art's suggestion and shave a little off the bump under the clip and then polish it with my 1000 and 1500 grit Wicked Edge stones.
I was also able to bend it enough to show a little daylight between the clip and the handle so as not to tear up my jeans or suit pants.

This clip is definitely a stiffy.

Thanks for all the input.

Attachments

• IMG_6622.jpeg
    IMG_6622.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 20
I think most BM clips are steel. I have a Impinda clip on my Ti-Lock and think its great.

Ya, I was never a fan of the Ti-lock clip. For me it sticks out too much and could easily be snagged out of my pocket when walking through brush etc.

I swap out all my Sebenza 21 clips for the MX Gear deep carry titanium clips. Maybe if the Impinda gets more popular MX Gear will make a deep carry version for it.
For my tastes the Impinda clip is way to stiff. Hardly has any flex or bend to it.

The seller I bought it from had commented to me when I mentioned how stiff this clip is on this Impinda he said CRK had this issue with the first 50 produced.
Good thing it has this little tab at the end to pull up a little on so as not to destroy the top of my pockets.

I believe the Sebenza clip will work with this knife. If yer into that

Thx. I'll try out my small Seb 21 Max Gear clip on it to see what it looks like. I really like the way they designed the Impinda clip though. I like how it curves along with the knifes lines so Im trying to make it work for me by adjusting it.

My other issue with replacing clips is once you use any other clip than the OEM one each clip leaves its own mark on the hande where it touches the titanium blasted finish.
Then you go to re-sell it at some point and swap back the OEM clip and now the handle has a black mark where the 2nd clip was hitting on an otherwise pristinely kept knife

Last edited:
Yes, I’m resurrecting an old thread, and yes, you are free to give me $hit for doing so. It was mentioned that a Sebenza clip might fit the impinda, and I’m posting a picture to show how it looks. The stock impinda clip is too much for me, and slip carry didn’t work for me around the house. The seb clip works great. It doesn’t look as nice, but now I will carry it more.

4EC656E7-CE39-4BBD-A4F0-CF5D102E98BE.jpeg

Remove the pocket clip and carry it in your pocket, possible with a pocket slip sheath. No more worrying about the pocket clip tension!
:D

Instead of murdering the button on the end of the clip, I just unscrewed it and stuck a small scrap of veneer south of the screw hole. (If you put scraps both below and above the screw, you lose significant clamping/tightening leverage.) It levers the clip up enough to
a) create approx. a 1/16" gap between clip and knife, which has been perfect in hiking shorts, kebs, and carhartts
b) turn your Impinda into a one-note kalimba

Folded paper, painter's tape, whatever, I'm sure you can find a readily-available scrap of whatever to point the clip end out away from the knife.

Reactions: TC
Back