Lord Of The Rings "Sting" question

I picked up a United Cutlery replica of the Sting sword from The Lord Of The Rings film in a trade. It's my first "wall hanger" and I think I got a pretty good deal in the trade. The supposed "like new in box" sword comes complete with literature and wooden plaque, but the blade has scuff marks on it. The literature says that it's been finished to reflect the "aged" look as seen in the film, so that any worn or distressed features are correct and not a defect. Since I've never seen a "mint" or "new in box" version, is it supposed to have these random scuffs? There are no deep scratches on the blade, just scuff marks. The previous owner claims to have never used or abused the sword, but I'd like to hear from anyone who owns one.

I work in a knife store and every sting that I have seen is in pretty good shape. It does not have that 'aged' look to it, they are all nice and shiny. The only imperfections that I have seen on the blade is from small air bubbles in the metal.

only really appears on LotR Ringwraith blades. The others are plain. The pattern is rollled onto the stainless steel with dies.

Keith

I picked up a dozen Stinger swords for resale, And non of them have any marks on the blade, But if you can convince yourself its supposed to be there, then your set :D

Back