Lost Another Pioneer- Jim Weyer

Win Heger

Gold Member
I saw that Jim Weyer just passed away, a leader in early knife photography. Before Coop, before David Darom there was Jim. I believe there were four books called "Points of Interest", featuring great knives and Jim's photography. He started long before I became a collector but I did get to meet him and a couple of my knives were featured in his last two books. Saddens me to see pioneers passing, been a rough year. R.I.P., Jim.

I don't know a lot of the older guys but it always saddens me to hear about their passing. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
R.I.P.

I own the books and have had the pleasure of meeting them in the past.

I had a neighbor in FL who knew them from his earlier years in Ohio. I'll never forget how pleased they were to hear he sent his best wishes.

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have EVERY 'Points of Interest' book which Jim Weyer produced. Yes, he is legend.

I had only had dialog with Louise Weyer in the past. I wish I could have met and learned from Jim, beyond studying his books.

He did not work in the digital age. MUCH harder to do the work he did using film. I get this. I am fortunate to be able to 'delete' without care. Not so then.

We are now richer and more prominent; propelled through his wonderful work.

🙏

Russ Andrews

Knifemaker
I saw that Jim Weyer just passed away, a leader in early knife photography. Before Coop, before David Darom there was Jim. I believe there were four books called "Points of Interest", featuring great knives and Jim's photography. He started long before I became a collector but I did get to meet him and a couple of my knives were featured in his last two books. Saddens me to see pioneers passing, been a rough year. R.I.P., Jim.

His own man...a wealth of knowledge...

Steven65

Traditional Hog
Platinum Member
I met Jim at the '87 Guild Show in Dallas. He was a gentleman who loved his craft and all things knives. He will be missed and remembered.

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Wonderful remembrances.

How ironic and suitable that the obituary write-up is from his local (Toledo, OH) online newspaper called 'The Blade'.