Love it!

Got a huge surprise from my beautiful wife this morning!!! for our 1 year anniversary. Was not expecting anything like this, she even showed me pics of the making process, and the piece of buckeye burl it came from. Think she loves me? :)

image.jpeg

Very cool... how does the short handle feel in your hands? Does your pinky feel left hung out to dry, or is there enough to grab?

I have one of these coming, too... not as fancy though. ;)

Just got a Woodsman with black ash burl handles. My first Adventure Sworn but won't be my last it feels great and the fit and finish is top notch.

Pics to follow after I put it through its steps.

Very cool... how does the short handle feel in your hands? Does your pinky feel left hung out to dry, or is there enough to grab?

I have one of these coming, too... not as fancy though. ;)

It really depends how close to the blade you grab the handle... it feels comfortable enough though I haven't used it enough to tell how that is long term. The pinky does kind of float freely depending on your grip. If I were needing a knife to cut through a ton of material repeatedly, such as cutting up a bunch of boxes, I could see if becoming an issue.

It really depends how close to the blade you grab the handle... it feels comfortable enough though I haven't used it enough to tell how that is long term. The pinky does kind of float freely depending on your grip. If I were needing a knife to cut through a ton of material repeatedly, such as cutting up a bunch of boxes, I could see if becoming an issue.

Update- Got a chance to whittle with it a bit tonight, and one very noticeable thing was how nice switching cutting angles is with it. To flip the handle back and forth and around in the palm is such a smooth and natural feeling. With this fluidity of grips, I am amazed at what precise cutting can be done with its 3" blade.

Nice pic! I'm glad that you like it.

The Walker is a comfortable three finger knife, but if you want the power-cutting strength of a full size knife you can choke up on it (with the fingerguard roughly in the center of your index finger and your thumb's metacarpal sitting on the ramps).

Cody

Back