Loveless Inspired...

dogman

Gold Member
I have completed the first prototype for my Loveless Style NY Special made into a liner lock folder. Future versions will have an ambi-thumb disk on top of the blade so I won't have to cut into the handles and ruin the lines of the knife. I plan on making a fixed/DA folder set for the Blade Show with matching stainless Damascus blades, hot blued Eggerling Damascus bolsters and Mother of Pearl handles.

***I added some better pics***

nyspec01.jpg

nyspec02.jpg

nyspec03.jpg

Dogman, for once a "tactical" I really like! You have certainly
captured the look of the Loveless NY Special. Love the grind!
John.

Beautiful knife, Bob. Make sure you take pictures of that set before you sell them and post the pictures here. They will be quite spectacular I am sure.

Nice.

Specs please!

Including blade length, length closed, steel and target hardness, and price for a basic model.

Upgraded blade steels and handle materials, with upgrade prices?

Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. I really like this knife. Blade length is 3-3/4" and OAL is 8-1/2". Closed length is 4-3/4". On subsequent version, blade length will be 3-1/2" and OAL will be 8", which will make for a much better blade to handle ratio. This is only my fifth folder, so I am still learning the intricacies of pivot and stop pin locations. The material on this particular one is maroon micarta. Price will start around $425-ish, but I am not taking orders because of backlog. I will try to get another one done before the blade show.

Well DONE!!

I think a full auto version would cure the thumb stud situation perfectly :) No need for the disc or cutout!! You did a great adaptation, nice pics by the way too ;)

Neil

Back