Lover's tiff?

The Tourist

Banned
This weekend I saw a new fixed blade knife that Duane designed.

I was surprised to see that the it was stamped 'Dwyer' near the ricasso instead of 'Strider.'

Does each guy market a separate custom line under his own name or are you two guys tiffing because someone squeezed the toothpaste tube in the middle?

Mick and Duane do their own custom pieces, marked with their own knives, as well as making the "Strider Knives" blades too.

If you see an MSC (Mick Strider Custom) it is Marked M. Strider instead of just the Usual STRIDER stamp.

(on a side note, I've got a STRIDER MT waiting at home for me as I type this) Just had to tell someone :)

I have to say that you have balls for calling Mick and Duane "Lovers!" Either that or you are really dumb. Homosexuals have a tiff. If Mick and Duane were ever to get into it with each other, I'm sure that would be a knock down, drag out BRAWL! Maybe you just have tiffs and displace those emotions on others.

On the other part of the post, Mick and Duane have been doing their own lines for quite some time. Their logos are different as well. Duane uses the crossed rifles and laurels with an MT in the background and DWYER stamped on it. Mick uses the FWP with M.STRIDER on it.

KnifeBomber,

No disrespect intended. By this time, Mick knows me and my sense of humor.

Seriously, I had some concerns. It seems that everytime I like a product, the company goes under or changes management. For example, I liked Microtech when Tony Marfione was at the helm; I owned one of the first pistols made by Dornaus and Dixon.

The economy has been bad in my neck of the woods. I got put on 'summer hours' myself. My heart sank when I thought that Strider might be re-encorporated.

Slightly off topic here, but this is the second post I have seen in the last couple of weeks that stated Tony Marfione was no longer heading up Microtech. If that's the case, someone better tell Tony. I just spoke to him on Friday and I don't believe he is aware of this!

Greg,

I've wondered the same thing. At first I thought that when Al left MICROTECH some people might have got the two of them mixed-up but that was quite a while ago.

Greg,

About Tony, that was my understanding, as well. I had heard, from what I thought was a reliable source, that Tony now headed up a design section of Microtech and had some connection to Q/C. I had also heard that he was either sharpening everything himself, or overseeing the people who did.

To be honest, a few years ago the rumors were flying about a buy-out. I took a year off from knife collecting to have a nervous breakdown so I never heard the fine details.

My apologies to Tony if I was guilty of spreading a false rumor. I own and respect Microtechs. I've owned over a dozen, each one beautiful.

Shows you what happens when you shoot your mouth off. Then again, that's usually how I get into trouble!

Back