Lube

I assume that reate flippers should be lubed at the pivot? What kind do you guys recommend?

Nano-oil 10 weight. One drop on each side of the pivot and one on the detent ball. Shop around since there's quite a difference in price. Not cheap but well worth it.

Astroglide: If it is good enough for the wife, it is good enough for the knife.

Nano-oil 10 weight. One drop on each side of the pivot and one on the detent ball. Shop around since there's quite a difference in price. Not cheap but well worth it.

What RamZar and the first couple of posters listed. Honestly the best stuff I have used in over 30 years using knives and I think I have tried at least 10 different things. I use a can of computer type compressed air to blow out around the pivot when I am done. Brings out the excess oil and dirt trapped around the pivot. Works like a charm.

Just purchased my first Reate, the dark hills. I used Diawa reel oil on pivot and detent with terrible results. The pivot sounded and felt like it was filled with sandpaper. Blew out pivot with compressed air and all is well. Emailed Reate directly, and they said to disassemble and clean pivot but do not add any oil. I assume that means that none of knife pivots require oil.

Back