Luminox - Lost watch update.....

GJW

Well, after 9 weeks, 4 phone calls and 12 e-mails I finally received my replacement watch.
My original was sent in to have a cracked crystal replaced and got lost on its way back to me.
The horrendous customer service has soured me on the company and I'm giving up on Luminox completely.
Maybe I'll try a Traser or a Stocker and Yale next.
Does anyone know if the Trasers are made in the same factory as the Luminox?
Thanks

And if anyone's interested I'm selling the replacement watch on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1641104389

Does anyone know if the Trasers are made in the same factory as the Luminox?

Wouldn't surprise me. Luminox is simply the product of a very successful marketing company that I believe is called the Richard Berry Marketing Group.

Ron (guncollector)

I've got a Traser, which sure looks like exactly the same watch without the Luminox or Navy SEAL logos.

I sold both of the Luminox watches I had, due in part to the horror stories about the customer service, or lack thereof.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that when mine goes ... it's gone.

Originally posted by mikemck
I sold both of the Luminox watches I had, due in part to the horror stories about the customer service, or lack thereof.

Me too.:).

Originally posted by glockman99

Me too.:).

Hehe...Yeah, Dan pawned that ole 3105 off on me and I snapped it up in a moment of weakness :)

Seriously though, the 3105 is a great watch, but I needed the money too badly, and I missed my G-Shock.

You just can't go wrong with a G-Shock, in my opinion, and the you can't beat the price. This is of course not to say that the Luminox is not a great watch, it was just not what I wanted.

When are the "old standards" of watchmaking, i.e., Rolex, Omega, Fortis, etc., going to start usign Tritium vials???

Probably as soon as the patent expires.
Although I've heard that you can't use vials on "sweep" second hands anyway because of the weight.
Not sure that I believe that though.

CD Fleischer,

Have you heard the expression, "When pigs fly"? (I think that might answer your question.:D.:D.).

Originally posted by CD Fleischer
When are the "old standards" of watchmaking, i.e., Rolex, Omega, Fortis, etc., going to start usign Tritium vials???

Tritium is no longer being used by Rolex and Omega, don't know about Fortis. In general, tritium is being phased out of the watch industry.

Yes, unfortunately due to some rather draconian tritium importation restrictions being enacted by countries such as Japan, many of the global watch manufacturers are now moving away from tritium and using luminescent paint instead. These paints have improved somewhat over the years, but they still provide nowhere near the illumination of a tritium vial system (at least for the first 25 years of the watch;)).

Originally posted by Bronco
... but they still provide nowhere near the illumination of a tritium vial system (at least for the first 25 years of the watch;)).

Actually tritium last for a little over 12 years.

I should have been a little clearer in my original post. While it's true that the half-life of tritium is just over twelve years, all this means is that once the original sample reaches its half-life age, it will be approximately 1/2 as energetic as it was when new. Most manufacturers of the various tritium vial technologies have estimated that a useful glow will still be present beyond the 20 year mark (at which point the original tritium will still be at approximately 25% strength). Sorry for the confusion.

Back