Luminox vrs. Swiss Army Original

GB

Hi all,

Am thinking about purchasing a new sport watch and have seen a lot of conversation here on Luminox watches but wanted to get some opinions on the Swiss Army original as well. Which is better and why in your opinion?

Thanks for your input.

Gary

I have both. The Swiss Army Original is has better contrast in daylight but barely glows at night. The Luminox glows brightly but not as bright as, say a Seiko, just after it has been exposed to the sun. Also, The original Seal watch larger and has a timing bezel. Of the two the Swiss Army tends to go better with a blazer and tie as well as sports clothes. Overall, though I think that I like the Luminox better, I guess just because it's cool. I don't have any experience with the customer service with either brand so I'll have to leave those comments to others.

Thanks for your input Gadgetman7. I am like you in that the Luminox looks cooler. But the Swiss Army might be better for my office job as well as outdoor activities.

Anyone else with opinions out there? :rolleyes:

I have a military watch that uses tritium for lighting which is what the SEAL watch uses as well. The advantage is that you do not need an external light source to make them glow. Check out www.traser-uk.com for info on the watches. The ones marketed in the US under the Luminox name are the same.

I have both also and like the "quality" of the SAK, not that the Luminox/Traser are cheaply made. I do wish that more brands would use the vials instead of the painted on versions. An aftermarket installer of the vials would make a fortune retrofitting watches.

Luminox has several different models. Some are more dressy than others. I prefer the Luminox, but then again I am biased. ;)

The ones by Traser/Luminox have tritium vials, unlike the Swiss Army watches, which is what many prefer. If you're looking for a dressy watch to wear at the office, go with the Swiss Army watch. If you want a more rugged one go with the Traser/Luminox.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I may have to find a way to get more $$ for watches and knives. ;)

Back