Luminox

Just got a new luminox in stainless steel. Great watch, only had for 24 hours, and not even one second off yet. The face is black, and those vials certainly glow in the dark. After all the talk here on the forum, I just had to try one of these. Looks like titanium case and stainless back. Move over eco-drive,this watch looks good enough for dress wear, and is water resistent down to 5 atmosphere.
Jim

------------------
What? Another knife? Don't you have enough of those things already?
How many does one person need?
And just what are you going to do with this one that you can't do with the others?
What is the purpose of all these knives anyhow??

I've had a stainless model with a rubber band since December, and I love it. The sapphire crystal is holding up great and the tritium is as bright as the day that I got it from Botach. I also love the fact that it doesn't have a "Navy Seals" logo. Jim I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
Frank

------------------
"The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none."
Thomas Carlyle

5 atmosphere's... that's about 165 feet, right?
Dave

------------------
A syllogism is a logical statement in three parts.
This is not a syllogism.

There is a Luminox model 3201, listed at (pardon me but they do have a great price)Botach for $195. No SEALS logo this time. I've had good luck with Luminox, both on durability and accuracy....

Try this link:

http://store5.yimg.com/I/botach_1617_55680326

[This message has been edited by JohnG (edited 02-12-2001).]

Patrick Ma at TripleAught also sells Luminox watches at great prices similar to Botach (but without the everpresent Botach customer service crapshoot
wink.gif
).

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

[This message has been edited by Bronco (edited 02-12-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fq55:
I've had a stainless model with a rubber band since December, and I love it. The sapphire crystal is holding up great and the tritium is as bright as the day that I got it from Botach. I also love the fact that it doesn't have a "Navy Seals" logo. Jim I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
Frank

</font>

That's cool. How'd you get one without a quiet "Navy Seals 200m/660ft" print on the face? The sapphire crystal is also intriguing also because most of the Luminox models have an mineral glasswindow, cept' for the new Ti model and very select others. In fact even the more expensive watches have mostly mineral glass, sapphire crystal is fairly rare. I think I read somewhere that the traser dot on the bezel is shielded by a sapphire crystal but not the main face window. I've heard of watch do-it-yourself-ers opening up the case and replacing it with the standard Stocker and Yale face but if Botach is selling units without the "Navy Seals" right above the 6 o'clock position, then I shoulda ordered mine without.

------------------
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child.", King Lear, Act I, Scene 4.

[This message has been edited by paranoid9999 (edited 02-13-2001).]

Back