M-18 getting naked, but not afraid.

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
I'm super excited to tell you all some awesome news. About 6 months ago, a eager young man reached out to me and wanted a M-18 for a upcoming adventure. Turns out he was to participate on the Discovery channel's Naked and afraid.

Now, I didn't get my hopes up to much, this is actually the second knife I've made for a contestant on that show, only for the first time not to make air due to no ones fault. But nonetheless I made him one to the best of my ability and sent it out to him before his departure.

Im not allowed to speak of the details, but for any fan of the show, or if your not and want to see a T.M.Hunt M-18 in action. The episode will air Sunday May 10th. Set your dvr, tell your friends, its gonna be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
That blade deserves to be on a survival show like that! I hope it results in many sales for you :)

That is really cool Todd. I am so very glad to see you getting more exposure. I can see many threads on multiple forums asking what the knife was that was used on the show. I will do my best to help direct any attention or inquires your way.

As the maker, did you do anything special to the M-18 to make it be able to endure more easily 21 days of hell? Different handle materials, thicker edge grind or coating? Anything specifically requested or added for a particular environment?

I hope to be able to see the show when it airs. After messing with a M-18 last fall I can't wait to see it used on the show.

Jeremy

From what I've heard, the M-18 perfomed as expected. I was concerned with the guy not being used to the blade, but he's a quick study.

That is really cool Todd. I am so very glad to see you getting more exposure. I can see many threads on multiple forums asking what the knife was that was used on the show. I will do my best to help direct any attention or inquires your way.

As the maker, did you do anything special to the M-18 to make it be able to endure more easily 21 days of hell? Different handle materials, thicker edge grind or coating? Anything specifically requested or added for a particular environment?

I hope to be able to see the show when it airs. After messing with a M-18 last fall I can't wait to see it used on the show.

Jeremy

No Dresnor I didn't do anything different. I make all of my M18s to the best of my ability. If I was making one for you, I wouldn't do it any different than I did this one and vise versa.

He did request that it had some sort of high visibility to the handles but he didn't want it gawdy lookin. Its got phenolic handles with thick bright orange liners. Put it in a black sheath but I dont know if they let him take the sheath or not. How that works is each person actually takes 4 things of there choice, but the producers got through them and approve the final one thing they get to take on the 21 day trip.

This was actually the second time I've made a M18 for the show. EJ Snyder had one with him in Tanzania, but the producers wouldn't let him take it because they thought it was to much of a knife for his 100 lb. teammate. Turns out they took her knife, which broke one week into it. :rolleyes:

About Dang time the M-18 gets put in the national spotlight. Now I can name drop when I watch the show lol

That is cool Todd, I figured you didn't stray far from the design. I was just curious to see if the customer wanted anything different knowing that would be the only thing he had with him.

I still can't believe I don't have an M-18

Jeremy

O.k. I just received word from the star of the show and he informed me the the episode was going to air on the 10th of May instead of the 17th. One week eariler. Subject to change, but unlikely :rolleyes:

I'm going to get nekkid and watch while holding my M18.

Drive down to Guyon's house. The only catch is that you'll have to be in costume.

It would be really awkward because I think we would wear the same costume. That never turns out well.
For some reason after a few libations I picture the night ending with a Yuma duct taped to my junk, spear fishing in his aquarium, yelling at him because he won't call me Jacque Cousteau.

Last edited:
It would be really awkward because I think we would wear the same costume. That never turns out well.
For some reason after a few libations I picture the night ending with a Yuma duct taped to my junk, spear fishing in his aquarium, yelling at him because he won't call me Jacque Cousteau.

:eek: hahahahaha

It occurred to me that I made a mention on my Facebook page but hadn't updated here. I edited this post to the new date, but I will say it here for those of you that didn't notice.

I spoke with the young gentleman the is wielding the mighty M-18 in the episode the other day on the phone. His name is Zack Buck by the way, .....Anyway, he informed me that they bumped his episode up a week, instead of being on Sunday the 17th, it will air Sunday, May 10th. Subject to change but doughtful. lol.

So, May 10th people! :)

Back